Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output sapscript via WFMC_MESSAGES_PROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am using  WFMC_MESSAGES_PROCESS to process output message. Sometimes spool number is still the same. I would like to know if anyone knows why and how can I avoid this behaviour. I tried to set pi_noenqueue parameter but without luck.

Thanks and regards

Gabriele

5 REPLIES 5

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The FM uses SET UPDATE TASK LOCAL.

Try using COMMIT WORK (AND WAIT) if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos

I don't think this is the problem: I noticed that spool number is mantained even job are distant in time and even if there are different user. Output, is simply appended. It seems that there's a link between NAST message and spool: this is because if I print in order obj1 obj2 obj1 obj2, obj1 is printed always on same spool and also obj2 is written always on same spool number, even if they're printed in interchangeably way

0 Kudos

It's important: spool number is mantained only if immediate output is not set.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Spool accumulation for different users sounds very odd indeed. Spool system should do the accumulation automatically (I'm copying/paraphrasing from here), provided the spool requests that are to be added to an existing request are:

- generated in the same transaction and

- have the same attributes (such as user, title, output device, client from which the request was issued, number of copies, priority, cover sheet setting, archive mode, and ABAP session number).

I'm not sure what is meant by "ABAP session number", but that spools sometimes do get added to months(!?!) old unprinted spools I have seen many times. I normally try to enforce spool separation by programmatically setting {print options}-TDNEWID on outputting first document of a job, or sometimes by trying to assign unique spool titles.

I'm unfamiliar with output via NAST - is there also some kind of "driver program" involved, where you could control print options (a structure of type ITCPO for Sapscript, if I'm not mistaken)?

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was same title on spool and TDNEWID not set. The solution was not searching in WFMC_MESSAGES_PROCESS call but in print program called by WFMC_MESSAGES_PROCESS.

Regards

Gabriele