cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC html rendering of BO Design Studio Reports

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Despite our efforts on securing an updated system landscape with latest patches and support packets, we are unable to get successful
rendering of BO Design Studio Reports on NWBC html. The problem is illustrated below:

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Stein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Design Studio must be run on a standard IE10 platform without comparability view settings. Hence, NWBC DS rendering is fixed.

No Need for NWBC update. Can run on NWBC html version 3.5 and newer.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Stein. Sorry you had to solve this yourself. Best wishes,
Julie.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stein,

I have seen something similar to this recently. How are you deploying the Design Studio reports, are they running on the SAP NetWeaver Portal or on the SAP Business Objects Platform server? I wonder if you are using the portal then maybe there are some issues since it is generally not possible to run the portal inside of the NWBC (they don't play nicely with each other).

Is is only when you use IE? Have you tried using another browser like Firefox of Chrome? Have you tried running the report outside of the NWBC (e.g. directly launch the URL in the browser)?

I just found this note which might help you http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001894594 it talks about what looks like a similar issue.

Hth,

Simon

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your responds! We run DS on NW portal the same way we run WAD reports. There is no issue running WAD embedded in NWBC html.

I've tried other browser with great success. Unfortunately, IE is our corporate standard and we need to solve the issue on IE.

I'll review the note, but I do think we have reviewed this as the issue relates to NWBC alone and not when rendering DS directly thru NW portal.

Any other tips?

Kind regards, Stein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stein,

Not really, I didn't get to the bottom of this at the time, the guys were happy to test using Chrome or Firefox for the time being.

If I were you I would check the related notes that are mentioned in that note I posted above. The portal does some things with the browser rendering mode, and to be compatible with older sites it can force so called "Quirks" mode this breaks the new HTML5 features of the DS reports. You may need to make some portal changes to get it to use so called "Standards" mode... there are notes how to do this.

Hth,

Simon

p.s. please keep this post updated with your progress (it will probably help me and others in the future too)!

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We had an initial NW portal rendering problem, but that was solved with an upgrade of NW portal to the latest version. The strange thing is that the same problem reoccur when embedding DS report in NWBC html. Hence, how does one fix the same issue in NWBC html?

Keep you posted ..

Stein

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stein,

I apologize for the delay. At present, the support team is snowed under, so I cannot get any informal answers. The best bet really is to open an OSS - then they are forced to answer.

I would tell them _everything_ you have told me.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Julie.

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie. I've posted an OSS but are struggling with some connectivity issues to enable remote access. It is hopefully solved by end of business today.

/stein

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, Stein -thanks for letting me know - please let me know how you get on.

Julie.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stein,

a test with the latest version of NWBC for Desktop (http://goo.gl/saiyA) always can help - if not to solve the issue itself, then it is a valuable information for support.

It is also worth to check the version of your Unified Rendering component (urtimestamp in report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES) and if it is not up-to-date enough, then it would need an update too (please check this).

BR

Melinda

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Melinda.

We'll double check the unified rendering component, but the issue relates to NWBC html version. We are on the latest NWBC desktop version 😉

/Stein

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well then when everything is up-to-date, the best idea is really to open an incident

Please prepare Fiddler2 trace (Type 1 KBA 1883689) and attach it also --> it also helps a lot for us

BR

Melinda