cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with who's who service in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have  created the SAP_R3_HumanResources and  SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata Jco destinationations and the Test connection was successful.

I have created the system alias  SAP_R3_HumanResources in the portal and connection for this also successful.

When i click on the who's who iview in portal i.e Content Admin--> Content provided by SAP -->End user content--> Employee Self Services -->iviews-->Employee Search -->Who's who i am getting the same exception like before

Can you please help me what else i need to check??

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the component compatibility levels in portal for components WD Java ESS 633, MSS 630, PCUI_GP 633 versions

For more about mismatch of components read at How to determine the correct component combination in ESS WD JAVA - ERP Human Capital Management - S...

check with your portal basis consultant to fix this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please paste the full exception screen shot, currently it don't say its a JCo issue, looks to be some thing wrong with iview, with full exception details we can have better clarity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

Here is the complete error screen shot.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shankar,

As you suggested we have imported the wdj components into the portal, Now i am facing the different issue that user doesnt exist in the period.

-->Test employee user is present in the backend and its mapped in the pa30 with the personal no.I dont know why it is taking the EP_ADMIN.

-->While creating the Jco's i have entered the ep_admin user for both the metadata and application type Jco's.

Can you please help me out on this.....

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the user ID EP_ADMIN is exist in ECC side t-code SU01 ?

This is another issue. You have to create new thread for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to check the period in the infotype 105 0001 is that employee exist from that start period or not ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh!

Did you solve the problem?

I am facing the same error...

The problem is, that the tecnical user EP_ADMIN not exist in time management.

But the service has to run with the portal user.

How can I do that?

Any help welcome...

Regards Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check the portal user is exists in the bakend(ECC), if the user is not present in the bakend then you can map the already existing bakend user with portal user using the infotype 0105 in pa30.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh!

Thank you for your quick anser...

Just to be sure:

portal user = test employee (this user exists in the HR backend too)

backend user = ep_admin???

What has to be done in pa30 exactly?

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to pa30,enter the personal number of the employee and IT 0105 with subtype 0001 and click on edit .

and now do the mapping here like in below screen shot.

if above is not working please check the below stuff

And i want to confirm wheather you created all the required Jco's in the webdynpro content admin in portal??

Did the connection test for Jco's is successfull??

How you created metadata and modeldata destinations??

Former Member
0 Kudos

what ever the user u have mapped in infotype 105 0001 u have to log in with that user id in portal .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link which helped me to fix the same issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3561260

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh!

Thanks a lot for your help...

>Check this link which helped me to fix the same issue.

I checked this link already but honestly I have to say that I didn´t understand the solution:

>Metadata you have to mention the user name and password.

>Model data it should be logon ticket, you should not maintain user ID and password. If you maintain , it will >always try to fetch this user id data. In you case this is the problem

>And i want to confirm wheather you created all the required Jco's in the webdynpro content admin in >portal??

I have the problem with the service "absence management".

This service needs the following JCos:

SAP_R3_HumanResources and

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData.

This JCos were already there but I had to change them. The HR backend was moved to an external provider and therefore we could´nt use SSO anymore. So I have put a technical user like your EP_ADMIN in both JCos and both are working in test mode.

But the problem is then that the service runs with the technical user and not with the portal user!!!

And yes, all our portal users are mapped to the personal number in transaction PA30.

Thanks everybody for any help...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, did you able to fix the issue or still exists??

METADATA (ex: SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData): Techinacally speaking metadata is nothing but the structure of the data. while creating the Jco's in the webdynpro content admin in portal their will option called application type their you need to mention Userid and password and test the connection.

MODELDATA (ex: SAP_R3_HumanResources) : modeldata wil fetch the exact data of the user . same like above while creating the Jco's you need to pass the type as SSO ticket where it will fetch loggedin user data from the backend.

As you told, you haven't implemented the singlesignon i dont have idea how to proceed.

In my case i have implemented the SSO to work.

Hope you understand ......

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh!

SSO is fine, but as I told you I can´t use it anymore...

I took Assertion Tickets in the JCos and it looks like it is working now... 🙂

But I really don´t know why!

Regards

Peter