cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Android Client Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on SMP 2.3 SP02 and using 6.1.2 Agentry Server, 6.1.2 Android Client. If Android device system language is English, Agentry Client works correctly. But when i change device system language, client gives error during transmit and shuts down.

I've tried SP03 and SP04 but they both did not work.

Thanks,

Serkan Demir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

Is your backend system configured to handle the logon and display masterdata in other languages than English?

It seems that the Android's device language is used to define the logon language on the backend to pull reference and transaction data. This will crash if not enabled or fully maintained. We are facing this problem and I am also looking for a solution, using the same versions of SMP and client.

See also this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

Thanks for your answer. I do not have information about backend system configuration for other languages. I will try to learn.

Regards,

Serkan Demir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks correct and works for us on SMP 2.3 SP03. Did you restart the server, make sure the AgentryServer process is stopped and restarted together with SMP.

Also, I'd recommend do a data wipe on the device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

I still have been trying to solve language problem on Android client. I followed same steps again and again but it did not worked. Can you give another advice about this problem ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Serkan DEMIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the language issue only on android or other OS versions?

What device are you using?

Have you tied a later version of the client as SP04 was already released?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Stephen, this problem is only on Android system. I've tried 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 Android versions. I also tried different Agentry Android Clients even SMP 3.0 Client.

Best Regards,
Serkan DEMIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error you are getting in transmit?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not give any error message so I can not see in the log files. It just stops and shuts down during transmit. But it always happens at the same point that "Checking Style Definitions".

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is worth running your AgentryServer in Dev mode and with log level 6 enabled. You should see messages which help identify your problem flowing through the servers command line window.

During server startup, Agentry is going to print out all the config and parameters which are loaded. It should look like this (Excerpts)

Starting server (64-bit Windows)

Administration client command port is 56840, status port is 56841

[..]

getConfigParameters()::begin

SAP-AGENTRY: SESSION BEGIN

logUserProperties()::log level = 6

logUserProperties()::begin

User SAP-AGENTRY properties....begin

[..]

[LANGUAGE]

LANG=EN

[..]

Server properties....begin

[..]

[LANGUAGE]

USE_DEFAULT=1

LANG=EN

[..]

Agentry Application startup complete

Session timer for user: SAP-AGENTRY ending.

So I can see in the logs that my language config and the parameter are considered.

Also when you transmit, lots of information will flow and you should see some error. Maybe just post the last bit of these logs here.

Thanks Merten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

As you said, I changed log level to 6 on JavaBE.ini file. But like before it does not give any error on logs. When device language is different than English, application stops working on "Checking Styles" step and shuts down.

Best Regards,
Serkan DEMIR

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

I have analyzed the issue of the problem.

The problem of your error is as follows.

When you transmitted your client or Android Agentry client (whatever version you use: 4.4, 4.4.2, 7.0.5.7, 7.0.6.2.48) is failing due to the client saw an updated definition from the server. The application is trying to download the new set of definition but your localized files are not properly loading.

Your localizations/<overrideFiles>.tr.ini stated that you are not using any locale values ''. This means you are only using the named Country language - "tr".

With this statement, you need to provide the needed override files for all the localization ini files.

This includes the Enable.ini. You need to get Enable.tr.ini. In short, you need to make sure the Agentry system loads all the localizations properly. You need to make sure that nothing gets skipped.

The main issue with skipping is that your timeStamp listed in your system showed that the definition is newer than your <OverrideFiles>.tr.ini.  This causes the application to try to load the application but due to your localization is not loading it is getting confuse and is failing on conversion.

The technique is to play with the timeStamp of your application definition versus the override base files. The check Style is in Turkish but your localization files is not loaded so the conversion fails and you get the error (11).

Potential actions:

1. So you have to somehow work the system where you may try to load the application in English first (no conversion).

2. So the application Check Style gets loaded without conversion.

3. Then try to turn on your localization so that the application will start converting without downloading the application anymore.

Another option:

1) It could also be that your overrideFiles.tr.ini timeStamp has a time older than your application definition.

2) You need to check the timeStamp of your overrideFiles.tr.ini and compare this to your Application/Development/<yourApplication> timeStamp.

3) Check which one is newer.

4) From the timeStamp determine why would the application load first before the override.

5) As stated in my potential action above, we have to work the system to see how the application gets loaded so that conversion happens after the application update (probably on 2nd sync).

Remember your error is that all your overrideFiles.tr.ini needs to be successfully loaded and not skipped. If you can do this it will work. Then you have to worry about other stuff that you need to do:

A) Like making sure you have enabled the SAP language to sync with your SMP server. See http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2116194 (for how to sync SAP timeZone with SMP test case).

B) Setup your timeZoneAlias for your Android client to match SMP or SAP http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1813025

A and B step required in most time zone setup.

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you explain me this;

1) If i set configuration settings in Management Cockpit and Agentry.ini as

Application Globals File=Globals.ini

Application Strings File=ApplicationText.ini

Client Strings File=ClientText.ini

Enables Override File=Enables.ini

localizationPath=localizations

localizations=tr

its looking for base files not for my localization files.

Skipping missing application string overrides file 'C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.com.vkt.sap.crm\Application\Development\localizations\ApplicationText.ini

2) If i set configuration settings in Management Cockpit and Agentry.ini as

Application Globals File=Globals.tr.ini

Application Strings File=ApplicationText.tr.ini

Client Strings File=ClientText.tr.ini

Enables Override File=Enables.tr.ini

localizationPath=localizations

localizations=tr

it gives this error on startup;

Exception: 11:10:52 03/18/2015 : 27 (LocalizationException), Localization Exception (Skipping the 'tr' localization because no matching override files were found.  ), agent\ChickamingAgent.cpp#3407:ChickamingAgent::initializeLocalizations

Which way i should follow? I would be grateful if you could help me.

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Just to close the loop here.

Error found in: SMP 3.0 SP03 and SP04.

This issue of Agentry (SMP 3.0) localization for languages was identified as a problem in the core code for your version of SMP 3.0.

~~~~~~~~Error:~~~~~~~~~

Skipping missing application string overrides file 'C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.com.vkt.sap.crm\Application\Development\localizations\ApplicationText.ini

Exception: 11:10:52 03/18/2015 : 27 (LocalizationException), Localization Exception (Skipping the 'tr' localization because no matching override files were found.  ), agent\ChickamingAgent.cpp#3407:ChickamingAgent::initializeLocalizations

~~~~~~~~~end~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now addressed in SMP 3.0 (Agentry) SP06 PL01.

See Release note: 2141204.

~~~~~~~Snippet from cover of release note~~~~~~~~

The issue of Language overrides not being picked up by the Server has been resolved.

or

22453   Agentry ClientTextBase.ini file contains extra

quotes in localization text values

~~~~~~~~~~~~End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

we have meanwhile found a solution to use only one backend language. See here for details:

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merten,

Thanks for your help. I followed same steps and changed [LANGUAGE] section in JavaBE.ini file like this (for Turkish) ;

[LANGUAGE]

LANG=TR

Then I changed mobile phone device language to Turkish but Agentry Clients gives error again.

Regards,
Serkan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

what language code do you use to logon to SAP ERP (via SAP GUI?). This is the code to be set in JavaBE.ini as well. From what you wrote earlier I assume it is EN.

If this is the case, set LANG=EN, plus the parameter in your SAP application configuration, and it should work.

Regards

Merten

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is English. Here is my app. configuration and JavaBE.ini file.Is there something missing ?

Regards,
Serkan