Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index PDF and find it in OA_FIND

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

the more I read about the whole topic, the more I become confused. Most of the discussion/guides I read are in combination with portal(km), CRM, BI, ...

Now I have a lot of puzzle parts. Some belong to my puzzle and others don't. And sometimes it is not clear how the puzzle fits.

I have - in my opinion - and easy task to solve but somehow I am not capable to do this. I am storing searchable PDF documents (incoming invoices, delivery notes, .. ) via archivelink in the content repository. This works great. I am also able to use the GOS with these documents.

Now I need a simple solution to search for my PDF documents with the specified keyword. It looks like the OA_FIND is the simplest approach for this. In this way I have several things to take a look at:

TREX:

• I need the connection from TREX to the content server. (or do I need to connect to the ERP which has a connection to the Content Repository) Which is the right way for this?
  • I need to create an index: Is it in the TREX? The documentation says the index should be created there only for test purposes. In this way there should be a possibility to create the index in the ERP system.
  • I need to specifiy which documents I would like to have in the index (Based on which attributes/categories/fields... could this happen).
  • Which index-mechanism is the right one for my PDFs? Is is a crawling? How to configure the SES?

ERP:

• SM59 - Connection to TREX - checked
  • SRMO - ?
  • SKPRO06?
  • Create 1..n index

It would be great if someone could bring some light into the darkness because I cannot see the forest because of all these trees.

Does someone know a good tutorial for this? I went to a lot of tutorials/discussions but non of them described my little process so far. Maybe I am searching wrong.

Thanks, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

you need to connect the TREX to ERP. Usually the TREX gets documents from the ContentServer using HTTP , so you need to check that the TREX is able to access generated URLs (no firewall in between , notes 685521 and 650521 applied).
For indexing of archive link documents please use the documentation on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/e654b17e173ec6e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mikhail,

thanks a lot for your answer. This pushed me in the right direction. Maybe someone else can still bring some more details to the solution for my problem.

Greetings, Vanessa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found the discussion that suggest to use "AL as DC" in SKPR07. But I am facing the same problem like the discussion startet: I can't find any DC for the Archive link. I don't know how to create an index in SKPR07 without an DC."

So what is the correkt Document class when I want to search through PDFs stored via ArchiveLink in a content server?

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

may I ask you to create an OSS message for this?

Thanks and best regards,
Mikhail

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

thanks for your answer. Do you want me to open an OSS message for the missing document class or something else? I have the same problem with the customer system. In this way I guess that I am doing something wrong.

Regards, Vanessa

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

yes, you can create a ticket related to the missing document class and let me know with the message number.

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

I will hand this over to a college of mine. One final questions to see that I am not misguided.

- The document class ArchiveLink is necessary to index the documents stored in the CS via ArchiveLink? Is this true?

- How should the entry in SKPR07 look like? Just to make sure that I don't oversee the entry.

Greetings and thanks a lot in advance,

Vanessa

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa,

did you find out which DC should be used for searching through PDFs stored via ArchiveLink in a Content Server?

Greetings,

Gabriela

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP replied that using TREX with archivelink is not possible. It is only possible with KPro 😞 So I don't know what to do.

Regards, Vanessa

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

Some explanation about KPro and ArchiveLink you will find here:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

Best Regards,

Gabriela