SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh state to two independent states - Telangana and Andhra Pradesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding bifurcation of Indian  Andhra Pradesh state to two independent states - Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

Please let me know is SAP is creating new state code to identify the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh state to two independent states - Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. How will I create the new plant in the newly created state for which there is no state code is available in SAP?

Thanks

H Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the information from SAP. For information on new state formation, refer SAP OSS Note: 2019949 - Maintenance of a new state in SAP system

Thanks.

H Kumar

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth

You can create your plants in Andhra Pradesh Code for time being. Coz as of date SAP hasn't come up with any such updates. You can also raise a OSS to SAP regarding your issue for requring two state codes (AP & TG), so that they may release patches accordingly. But still having such fluctuations in a state will possibly delay SAP to act upon it.

Cheers

Pradyp

0 Kudos

Hi Pradyp,

Thanks for the reply, My worry is, w.e.f 2nd June 2014, we must do all the transactions separate for two different states. If I create new plant in AP code and do the postings of GR, invoice, SES, issues, taxes and subsequent reversals, cancellations etc., as if belong to AP and once the new state code for TG is made available after few months, how will I track so many records and do all those again under TG? It is too much cumbersome and voluminous exercise rt? Hence I wanted to know if any one of you are facing the same situation? what are your strategies in such cases?

Thanks

H Kumar.

0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth

I can understand the pain. But currently we don't have such updates. you can raise the same concern to SAP so that they can work on this, as this will be helpful for fellow peers in future, who may also face such situation. I know my solution doesn't help you right now. But this is the only possible thing we can do. For time being why don't you map the AP state data with AP code. till SAP provides you a interim solution for TG. so that later you can start working on that.

Cheers

Pradyp

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Let me check with SAP about any actions regarding this issue.

0 Kudos

Create New State code for Telangana (TG) in below Path :-

SAP NetWeaver ->General Settings->Set Countries->Insert Regions

0 Kudos

Hi

I have raised issue with SAP and got the following reply.

Using SM30 maintain view "J_1ISTATECD" add for the

newly created states.

There is no specific notes given for the same

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the information from SAP. For information on new state formation, refer SAP OSS Note: 2019949 - Maintenance of a new state in SAP system

Thanks.

H Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos