cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 2012 in sharepoint 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing new CR2013 reports with dynamic dropdown lists. The lists work fine within the CR development software. When these reports are published to the sharepoint server the dynamic dropdown list become text boxes. The users have to type in the values, rather than select the values from a dropdown list. I have other CR reports from previous versions of CR working correctly with dynamic dropdowns in the same SP page.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still do not have a resolution on this yet. I am waiting for IT department to apply the latest SP and see that fixes the problem. Unfortunately  I will have to wait until they get this done to find out if the latest SP will fixes it.

Dennis

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR 2013 does not include any SDK. So the question then would be; what version assemblies are yo using in your app? And, what Service Pack are yo using? (perhaps best if yo just let us know the version of the crpe32.dll).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay, long Memorial Day Weekend and the SharePoint server is remote to me and it took a while for the tech to find the dll. The crpe32.dll version is 13.0.5.891

Dennis

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Yeah, the version stuff got complicated and CR 2013 is actually version 14.1.x. The version of CR you are using is called 'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET". But enough of the semantics

The version tells me that you are using Service Pack 5, so first thing we want to do is get to SP 9. The links for SP 9 are here:

Do make sure you use the install exe, not the MSI.

Now, typically, if a dynamic prompt is changed to a text box, that indicates that the connection to the database that should have retrieved the values failed. Oh - and now that I think about it, pre SP 9, there were other issue too. So, let's get to SP 9 and see.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CR2013 to develop the reports. I just purchased this version directly from SAP. The sharepoint server is using visual studio and crpe32.dll, version 13.0.5.891.

Is there going to an issue with me using version 14.1x to develop the reports and then using the 13.x  crpe32 viewer in sharepoint?

Dennis

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there shouldn't be any problems.  Unlike previous versions of Crystal where the SDK came with the product installation instead of being a separate download, the full version of Crystal and the .NET runtime files that will work with Crystal no longer have the same version.

-Dell