Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During the Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are upgrading EP system from SAP NW 701 to SAP NW7.4. DB is SQL Server

During the upgrade, I'm struck up in the execution phase and I get the below error message.

ay 24, 2014 4:40:55 AM [Info  ]: Deployment message for component EP-APPS-EXT :

May 24, 2014 4:40:55 AM [Info  ]: Overal deployment message : Could not authenticate the given user with AS Java. Check that user and password are correct.

com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.AuthenticationException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1148] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [XXXXXX:52304]. Cannot authenticate the user. Wrong or missing security credentials (password) for principal [Administrator], or the specified principal has no permissions to perform JNDI related operations.

javax.naming.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principal/credentials. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication did not succeed.

Administrator password has been changed in the middle after SUM was ready for the execution phase.

When I go to JAVA -> Reneter java passwords ,I'm 100% sure that I'm entering the correct password but still I'm being prompt for the valid password.

Did anyone has faced such issue? any suggestion please?

Thanks and Regards,

Vimalan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are 4 SAP notes addressing the exception "javax.naming.NoPermissionException"

Check whether the suggestion provided in the SAP note 620207 - Common causes of jndi errors when logging in to j2ee engine helps.

Regards

RB