cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening local file from SAP Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Would appreciate your help on the following.

We would like to attach a file via URL in Screen Personas.

Tcode: MM03. Go to Attachment list as shown below.

The file is stored in local C: drive for example.

Note, when I passed the URL to a browser (IE and Chrome), the file was in both browsers.

However, when I click display on the attachment in Personas. I get the following pop-up. Tried both browsers as well.

To add, previously also use the following. It was working in SAPGUI, but not in Personas.

In Personas, it was having the same message in pop-up message above.

Really stuck on this. Would appreciate help or pointers.
Thanks.

Message was edited by: Fitra Alamsjah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I am having the same issue as well. It's easy to create an attachment, but am unable to display the attachment when clicking "display" in the attachments list. Fitra, did you ever figure this out?  thank you.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To download a file and open it in external application, Silverlight needs elevated trust mode. So please refer to note#2025591 on how to run Personas in elevated trust mode.

Thanks

Chinthan

PatrickDean
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried following the note, however the part where asks you to r-click on properties, I'm not getting any "View Certificate" tab/button - anyone got any ideas!?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Do you see Digital Signature tab? If not and if you are using Windows 7 then it is known problem, so please try to use system with Windows NT or 2000 etc to extract the signature from XAP file.

Thanks

Chinthan

PatrickDean
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan, thanks for getting back to me; I was doing the process on the 1.2.xap file, which doesn't look like it has the signature. I tried the same on the 1.4.xap file (from a different system) and could see the signature.

So I guess I need the customer to upgrade to 1.4 before they can have the browser directly open the attachment?

What's involved in upgrading? I tried copying the .xap 1.4 file from my later system, and referring to that in the index.html, but then personas stopped working. Does it have to go on via patching (hello BASIS), or is there a note that does it? I searched OSS for ".xap 1.4" and didn't find anything..,

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You are right. Elevated trust mode is supported only in Personas 1.0 Sp04 (or Personas 2.0 SP02). So you need to download and install SP from SAP Service market place and then apply all the notes on top of it from cumulative note#1964257

Thanks

Chinthan

PatrickDean
Participant
0 Kudos

I've now got the Elevated Trust mode, and can create attachments, but on clicking the attachment, I get the following error in console:

8/1/2015 16:35:04,354542 ERROR Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.UISession->ExecuteBatch -

Batch request failed. [-102] control not found.

Sap.Imagineering.Personas.ItsConnector.BatchRequestFailedException: Batch request failed. [-102] control not found.

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.ItsConnector.Connector.PostXmlBatch(Session session, HttpStatusCode& status)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.ItsConnector.Connector.ExecuteBatch(Session session, String controlId)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.ItsConnector.Connector.ExecuteBatch(String sessionId, String rootControlId)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.ItsConnector.Connector.ExecuteBatch(String sessionId)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.UISession.ExecuteBatch()

Any ideas!?

All the best

Patrick

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Which transaction are you using? Is it is Basic View or Flavor? If Flavor, do you have any tab caching?

Thanks

Chinthan

PatrickDean
Participant
0 Kudos

MM02 - basic view.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94198940/Personas/Untitled%2035.mov

Thanks again for helping out!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick/ Chinthan,

I am facing the same issue - any chance that you found a solution and are willing to share it? I tried it on basic view on IW52/53. I have tried everything - checked all the initial Kernel notes, all configuration and implemented note 2025591 (i.e. put my browser in elevated trust mode). Got the same error as you above.

any help would be highly appreciated.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Screenshot shows issue with directory access, so I would recommend you to open a message with WTS connection to check the same.

Thanks

Chinthan