cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encapsulating page failed error in Crystal report in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a crystal report with oracle server connection, it works fine in Crystal Reports 2011 tool. When I deploy it to CMC & Infoview, When I run it through Infoview it runs fine.when i close the report and re run it throws an error. If I run it again it runs ok. Sometimes it runs fine sometimes it doesn't .

Can't understand whats wrong. We are using Crystal Reports 2011 tool to design the report. We have BO 4.0 in cluster of 2 servers. The report throws error saying that :-

The viewer could not process an event. Error in File (Report name): Encapsulating page failed. ---Error code:0[CRWEB00000119]

Please suggest as it is a production issue.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

we had the same Problem / same Story at BOE 4.1 SP02.

We try the -procreportoptions __noverifydatabase__forceApplyParamsAfterDBL String.

Looks fine - but we dont know why we had the Error in the past.

Going to analyse our authorization roles and everything.

Greetz,

Sebastian

1543412 - Infoview warning: "Error in File xxx : Encapsulating page failed" when running a Crystal Report in the Web Viewer in InfoView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

In our case, the error was due to oracle client on the server. We installed the wrong oracle client and when we were trying to run the report from Infoview, report was throwing error of encapsulating page failed.

But when we installed correct client, then error got resolved.

Could you check your database drivers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

I am getting this error too but it happens randomly.  We are on Crystal Server 2011 SP8

Product Version:

I initially think it starts because of a specific date in the database but end users are reporting it started sometime in the middle of the same date after adding more records to report.

OracleClient 11g database for server and laptop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have been facing the "Encapsulating page failed " error sporadic in our Crystal reports. It is not happening always.

We have tried with different user accounts, it did not help much. Also tried various suggestion from the following SAP Notes:

1536964 - Encapsulating page failed - The error change to Database error when the preference is changes

1211088 - Error message "Encapsulating Page Failed" - This is not the case with our reports, we still have some reports facing the same error without an subreports in it

1543412 - Infoview warning: "Error in File xxx : Encapsulating page failed - tried implementing the recommendation , but no help

1900672 - Error: Encapsulating page failed while viewing Crystal Reports based on stored procedures in BOXI 3.1  -- Our reports are not based on stored procedures.

We have faced this error in many different version of BOXI 3.1 like SP4.1, SP7.1, SP7.2. But the behaviour is similar. We have a clustered machine with 2 BOE servers and 2 Tomcat servers.

I have tried activating E2E tracing, but I really couldn't understand the reason for error from the logs. Our reports connect to datasource using webservices.

some information from the error traces.

Verkapseln der Seite nicht möglich.. Internal error: CrpeMgrPEEncapsulatePageEx

I would like someone to help me troubleshoot the problem. I can share the logs if needed. Please direct me to the correct forum if this is outdated.

Regards,

Prarthana

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"We have a clustered machine with 2 BOE servers and 2 Tomcat servers."

Do you see this "Encapsulating page failed " error if you only open a crystal report from InfoView on a server's console?  If this error is not replicable, the problem may lie on your F5 or load balancer setup.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

Thanks for the informantion. Is there a way to confirm this. I did not ever receive this error in Crystal report designer tool. Even in Infoview the occurs at times, but not always.

Regards,

Prarthana

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Even in Infoview the occurs at times, but not always."

Do you mean the InfoView on BOXI3.1 server console without load balancer?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jin-Chong,

We have the infoview with load balancer. I meant to the error is not consistent every time we refresh the report. The report refreshes successfully sometimes and when we try to refresh the report for the same parameter, it gives the above error. The occurrence of the error is intermittant.

We have 2 apache web servers for load balancing (acting as a dispatcher)

Regards,

Prarthana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the error might not be observed in different viewer formats used in BILaunchPad. A necessary check would be to run the report with Administrator account and then by changing the viewer options for CR in LaunchPad preferences .

Also try to run report in different browsers (supported versions only)

Try the above and we might be able to drill down the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link to see if it gives any ideas, It seems to be a generic error message. It could be many things including disc space, Memory, permissions etc based on the link below. Perform tests and try to eliminate the possibilities, one you know where the issue is happening specifically it easy to fix.

Encapsulating page failed

Thanks,

Ashok