Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing the DG data to logistic system

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to distribute the data to one of the logistic systemhe data present in the "Product Release" tab in the DG Master is not getting updated in the logistic side.

I am not sure why it is not getting updated. We have checked the Idoc at the logistic end I dont find records related to Product Release

I have used DGP5 to distribute the data. Please help me.

My intension is to transport the DGPREL data from one system to other. Please let me know how to do that.

Regards

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I have the same above issue. I could see the Product Release idoc segment in the target system but the application is not updating the record.

Did you resolve this issue? could you please share the fix you did?

Thanks

PS

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

Please check the distribution model in BD64.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Does the idoc expect the specification data to exist in the target system for product release data to update?

In my scenario the target system will not have specification. Looks like the system checks if the specification related to the material exists in the target? Could you pls share how you overcame this requirement?

Thanks

P.S

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear P S

the dangerous goods master is "material" related. Therefore to my knowledge: you need not the specification in the target system; but you need phrases etc.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Chris,

But my technical consultant showed me  a check in the standard idoc update program that checks if the Spec-Material connection exists in the target system. The idoc segment is dropped if the specification data does not exist?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pugazendhi

I am not the ALE expert; it is "surprising" that you would need the spec in target system for DG ALE as in DG master no Spec is used any more and in SAP ERP process you need only the material

Only an idea: if really the spec is needed you need only to distribute ESTRH and ESTMJ form source to target system. In which func module etc. is the check of existing spec done? I would like to do a recheck on my side.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This issue is fixed. The record check that the idoc was doing between the DG master data and DG product release data. We fixed an issue related to change number and the Product release data is getting updated now. Thanks for your inputs.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

may be check first: e.g.:

Distribution (ALE) of Dangerous Goods Master Records - Dangerous Goods Management (EHS-DGP) - SAP Li...

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/fa175b28bd11d395cb00a0c9425fbb/content.htm

Most recent version:

Distribution (ALE) of Dangerous Goods Master Records - Dangerous Goods Management (EHS-DGP) - SAP Li...

Second: check first outbound (source system). If the "product release" informaiton is not part of IDOC then you need to enhance your ALE scenrio. I believe the "product release" information should be part of ALE scenario in DG area. May be check:

BAPI_DANGEROUSGOOD_SAVREPMUL Dangerous Goods: Save Replicated Instances - Function - ABAP - SAP

BAPI_DANGEROUSGOOD_REPLICATE Dangerous goods: Request instances - Function - ABAP - SAP

and similar links.

Hipe this helps as a starting point

C.B.