cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an entire IS project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the fastest way to delete an IS project with all its childs (rules,bindings,scorecards, ... etc) all at once? without deleting them one by one.

Even from CMC, you can't delete a project unless you clear all its childs.

Please help as deleting them manually is really troublesome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

If you want to delete any object under Data Insight project in Information Steward workspace, first you need to delete the dependent objects (child objects) then only parent object is allowed to delete. But if you want to delete the entire project, you can delete it from CMC, it wont ask you to delete the dependent objects one by one.

If you delete Project from CMC, that will delete entire project from repository, you try once again, it will work, make sure you must be Data Insight Administrator.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member27665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Ramakrishna Kamurthy

If we delete the project from CMC only Project,Views and Tasks will be deleted not the Connections and Rules. Please correct me if am wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If you delete Project from CMC, project along with associated (i mean imported) Tables, Views, Profiles Results, Tasks, Private Rules (Rules specific to project), Scorecards, Task schedules all are deleted.

-Public Rules are not deleted

-Connections are not specific to Project, so it won't be deleted

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

former_member27665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ramakrishna Kamurthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you go for Recycling of your repository!.. So, that all the objects in your repo will be deleted..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will delete the entire repository ? I want just to delete a single project not everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okie.. in that case as per my knowledge you have to go for manual delete only .. is there any way that we can delete objects from the repository metadata.. Since, in repository metadata will have all the information. Can you check with your admin guys on this.