cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frends,

I am new to this BI 7.0 and really need some help from you gurus.

I did not understand the concept of DTP is it like transferring data either from InfoObject or Infocube to another infoobject or infocube????????

If in case i am using DTP how to upload data into an infoobject from an Excel sheet???( Not sure if this question right because i don't understand the purpose of DTP)

And what is the difference between DTP and Transformation???

Any help is really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the dataflow in 7.0 is so, first you need to get data to PSA with a infopack and from there you need to use DTP to load from PSA to the dataprovider(ODS). and other DTP to load to further infoprovider(cube).

DTP is it like transferring data either from InfoObject or Infocube to another infoobject or infocube?

NO, DTP is scheduling data from PSA to infoprovider/s. you would need to use infopack to load data from Sourcesystem to PSA.

Transformations are just like transfer/update rules in 3.x. its just the mapping you do between the source fields and target fields. And DTP to load the data according to the mapping into the infoprovider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify a bit:

DTP and Transformation work in conjunction. The DTP is a runtime object that transfer data to Infoproviders (Can be used not only to transfer data from persistent objects in BI - not only DS but also DataStores, Open Hub, Infoobjects, Cubes etc') can be DTP destinations.

The Transformation is a design time object, that lets you implement data manipulation when data is transferred by the DTP.

Hope it helps,

Gili