Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap for Enhancing Consolidation Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL Experts,

I'm working on SAP BPC 10.0 NW version.

As some of you may notice, Consolidation Monitor in BPC could only perform very limited calculation (i.e. Currency Translation based on Business Rule table) and you just cannot change it to trigger any custom Script Logic.

Can I know if any of you know when SAP will enhance this feature as my clients want that so badly as they consider it very valuable.

Appreciated any feedback.

BR,
Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

As far as I know the consolidation monitor is the place for monitoring all the tasks related to consolidation. It is mainly for Incremental vs. Full Mode for Currency and Consolidation.

The programs for currency translation and consolidation are called directly. The logic files are not used when run from the Monitor. However,the Data Manager packages do use the script logic files.

It is not possible to trigger custom logics from consolidation monitor.

And SAP BPC 10.1 version is in ramp-up, I think so what ever your are asking is not in that version.

what is need of triggering custom logics from consolidation monitor, what is your requirement let me know. If you want that option post your idea in ideas blog.

regards,

Saida Reddy G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saida,

Thanks for your quick reply.

What I want to achieve is, for example, during Currency Translation at subsidiary level, we want to perform also Translation Reserve Calculation and Intercompany Matching. It sounds so illogical to ask users to trigger the Translation in Consolidation Monitor once and then go to launch a separate Script Logic in Data Management Package.

It will be much perfect if all the calculation can happen once the users click that Translation button in Consolidation Monitor. It will be very cool then.

I have ever posted that idea in Ideas Blog but unfortunately I have no response.

Appreciated and I reali wanna make BPC a much value-added one for my clients.

Cheers.

Antony

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

That should be cool, But unfortunately we don't have that option. why don't you automate the entire process like currency translation and inter-company matching by custom process chain. By using Macro we can trigger that process chain. by using single click the entire process should be done.

Regards,

Saida Reddy G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saida,

By using Custom Process Chain, we still could not enjoy the Consolidation Monitor, am I right?

We want to utilize that Consolidation Monitor and so users can track the consolidation process there. So still, the best is to trigger all the calculation there, what you think?

BR,
Antony

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

what ever you said is correct but as far as I know, we don't have that kind of option presently.

Its better to ask some more professionals who are available in SCN. Its better to ask Vadim, May be he gave a some better option for your problem.

Regards,

Saida Reddy G

Answers (0)