cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP - MQ High Availability options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

My organisation (DHS Australia) have recently upgraded our Websphere Message Broker environment from v7 to v8.

As part of this upgrade, in our Production environment we are now running 4 queue managers, the idea behind this is that it helps to provide a higher level of availability (i.e. basically if one queue manager goes down, the others can pick up it’s load).

The ESP MQ adapter currently only allows for connection to the one queue manager, so in our ESP-MQ implementation we are exploring possibilities of how we can possibly get the output from ESP shared across the 4 queue managers. We are looking at a number of options within MQ/Broker itself (eg. clustered queue definitions, clustered queue manager etc), and currently doing some testing to see how/if this works with the supplied ESP MQ adapters.

However, my question for the ESP community/tech-team is whether there has been any thought to implementing something similar to how SAP PI can connect to MQ in a High Availability sense? For example, see this blog post:

http://scn.sap.com/people/anandan.krishnamoorthy/blog/2010/06/08/high-availability-in-jms-adapter

Has there been any thought given to whether the ESP MQ adapter can be enhanced or configured to use a MQ Client Channel Definition Table, as an alternative connection configuration method?

Cheers,

Jason.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jason - just an update.  The ESP development team are looking into this, and we may be able to add this feature to the MQ adapter. I'll let you know what they conclude.

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jason - this isn't something that is currently on the ESP roadmap, but perhaps it should be. I'll be interested to see if others in the community have other perspectives on this, or experience doing something similar.