Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Extended Storage for BW

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon All,

HeadsUp to something interesting, checkout (especially the attached presentations):

OSS 1983178 - HANA Extended Storage for BW - early shipment

Best regards,

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm..  Old nut very good idea -  SAP BW on Sybase IQ

The best TCO, perfomance and scalability.

But do not tell HANA fans)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard that BW ran really well on IQ from an EDW perspective. But I'm glad SAP didn't release this, because BW was the catalyst for HANA adoption and getting the Business Suite running.

If they put BW on IQ then they would have spent a lot of development time tuning row level operations for IQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right.

IQ team already have this - RLV.

But if SAP invest in row level for IQ in 2009-2010 and release BW on IQ - we got the "leader DB Platform" for BW from 2012.  With BigData possibilities out of the box. And mutch chipper )

But of course HANA on first place)

Remember Steve Jobs - about sales or marketing leaders who running the IT-companies.)))

Steve Jobs. The Lost Interview. 2012 - YouTube

from 25 min

Former Member
0 Kudos

But - plus for HANA - thats HANA - it's a platform, not only RDBMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure how much you have used IQ but RLV is by no means sufficient to run all of BW's operational needs.

No doubt that significant investment would have made it work but they invested in HANA instead. IQ was designed to be an EDW and retrofitting operational features would have been a huge effort.

We have BW to thank for HANA becoming mission critical for Suite use cases. IQ could never have been the database that saved SAP.

And IQ is a great EDW or NLS system to assist with TCO. Think it has turned out quite well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, I'm really bummed that this only runs with IQ for Linux. Big shame!