cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Tile View not working with include rule on iOS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Expert,

I used the List Tile View with include rule in Agentry 6.0 on WinCE before to generate "selected" object list upon different conditions, e.g., assigning tasks based on scenarios.

Currently, I am experimenting the same function on iOS tablet.

On the start screen which is a detailed screen for main object, there is a List Tile View and an include rule. However, the objects in the tile list are not updated correctly when the output of the rule changes. Note that the same include rule works perfectly with a List View for the same collection.

To my observation, the problem seems to associated with "update" of the tiles when result of include rule changes. For example, in scenario 1, there are 5 objects in the list; switching to scenario 2, there are 10 objects. From the No.6 to No.10, the objects are correct. The No.1 to No.5 are still the original 5 objects for scenario 1.

When the user clicks on tiles, it makes the situation worse. Normally, a single object's tile will always be shown in the selected tile regardless which tile is selected from the list.

My development environment is 6.0.40 and the client is 6.0.40 on iPad (iOS 7.1). I would like to know whether this is a known issue before I provide more details.

Thanks.

-Yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yang,

If you move off that list screen and then return to it, does your list correctly refresh?  There were refresh issues in older client versions with that control.  I would be surprised if what you describe still happens with the newest 7.0.3+ clients.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

A quick question before we go further.

When you mentioned "7.0.3+" client above, the version is for iOS itself or Agentry iOS client?

Thx.

-Yang

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yang,

Sorry, Agentry iOS client.  This is the newest released SMP 3.0 client.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agentry, SMP 3 SP03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got my hands on the Agentry 7.0 in SMP 3.0 SDK.

Still trying to figure out how to setup the dev environment and will keep you updated on this discussion.

-Yang

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yang,

The Agentry 7 iOS client is now available for download from the Apple App Store.  It is not included in the SDK.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

While I am still learning to setup the SMP 3.0 (for Agentry application), I would like to know whether this problem (List Tile does not refresh on iOS client) is going to be fixed for Agentry 6.0's client or the fix is only available for client 7.0+.

It seems that I have a lot to catchup to make the transition from Agentry 6.0 to SMP 3.0. Our current prototyping may still be developed with Agentry 6.0 before Q3.

Thx.

-Yang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

This problem is fixed on Agentry 6.0.44.1 iOS client with Agentry 6.0.44.0 Editor/Server.

-Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

When I asked the question on this list tile view refreshing issue, my dev environment is Agentry 6.0.38.

In Agentry 6.0.40.1's release note, there is a fixed

AG-25821  iOS 7 refresh issue with iPad tile list

However, I currently have Agentry 6.0.42.1 on iPad (iOS 7.1.2). And my editor/server is 6.0.42.0. I still have the list tile view refreshing issue. The same rule can be used on list without any problem. But the list tile still has trouble on display the right set of objects.

My question is is that fix related to the problem I saw?

Thx.

-Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

6.0.44.1 was just released.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would recommend opening a ticket with Support with the Application and Client Database so they can open an issue with development for you.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I will give it a try once the 6.0.44.1 is publicly available. Otherwise, I would wait till our upgrade to SMP 3.0.

Thx.

-Yang

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yang,

Agentry 6.0.44.1 has been released on the Download center and we are awaiting it on the App Store for iOS from Apple.

--Bill