cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating report in a case record and get context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to integrate a custom report in a case record and be able to catch the context (Case GUID or CASE_ID...) for executing properly my custom report.

For integrating a report in a record using service provider for report (type RM_PS_SPS_REPORT), I assign to the node of the model the value of the attribute i would need for executing properly my custom report, to the context parameter VSELNAME. For example: REC=SRM_DOC_ID.

Moreover, in the property of my element type 'ZRM_PS_SPS_REPORT', i also set the value 'SRM_RFC_SUBMIT_REPORT' to the parameter ID 'FUNCTIONMODULE_EXECUTE'.

When executing the report node, I will get the value of SRM_DOC_ID in my SRM_RFC_SUBMIT_REPORT (in the structure  table rspar) and then I can launch with the context my custom report.

This is not working with case record (structure tabe rspar is empty: an exeception occurs in the CL_SRM_SP_PROP_REPOSITORY) .

How could I achieve this requirement in a case record?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Frédéric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For case record, case attributes like CASE_TITLE etc can be used. SRM_DOCUMENT_ID is a record atttribute. Case record is a subcomponent of case and from the linked report, if one tries to get attributes of the case record then that will not work- only case attributes can be retrieved.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try before with CASE attributes but it seems it is not working... Hope you can help me.

In my case record model I have defined  3 parameters (in purpose of testing; in fact I just need CASE_GUID).

01 VSELNAME P_CASE=CASE_GUID

02 VSELNAME P_TIT=CASE_TITLE

03 VSELNAME P_USER=CREATED_BY

In my report, I define the following parameters:

PARAMETERS:

P_CASE LIKE  SCMG_T_CASE_ATTR-CASE_GUID,

P_TIT  LIKE  SCMG_T_CASE_ATTR-CASE_TITLE,

P_USER LIKE  SCMG_T_CASE_ATTR-CREATED_BY.

When entering in the report, this parameters have not  heritated from the corresponding case's value.

Using same report with record, it is working (parameter P_USER have the value of record attribute CREATED_BY).

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Frédéric

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Frederic,

CASE_GUID is not part of case attributes so that will not be passed. But other attributes will be passed along. I have checked that. That will work. Please check once. CL_SRM_REP_VISUALIZATION_1->vIF_SRM_SP_CLIENT_OUTPLACE~START_APPLICATION.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya,

An exception occurs in the method you mention above but I figured out that an element type of service provider "RM_PS_SP_REPORT_PS" (instead of RM_PS_SP_REPORT) would do the job.

I suppose it's because we are working in a RMPS area?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Frédéric

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Frédéric,

Yes.. RMPS area will work with RMPS SPs. RM_PS_SP_REPORT_PS has code redefined for RMPS area. RM_PS_SP_REPORT is a replica of the Report SP from RMS(I am not sure why they have kept it...the other one would be mostly used in RMPS area).

Best Regards,

Pragya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Frédéric