cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHS Phrase Error

0 Kudos

This Specific Phrase (EQUIS -100000000001098) was created in system long time back. I had to edit something on that phase so I went to cg12 to edit this Phrase. But I found error on this phrase we never notice earlier. When this phrase was created, the first word of the phrase, "The" was incorrectly entered as "THe". Looks like Sap interprets the TH as a tag and not as part of phrase. So, Sap is not allowing me to correct error.First few lines of phrase are grey-out and cannot edit

When I try to select the grey-out text, I get “A template is selected by line” message, which I cannot edit.

Will also receive an “Unable to call PC editor (unknown paragraph format <TH>) message.

Please need help!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kabita

never heard about any similar problem now after using EHS for a long time.

a.) In phrase maintaining there is not "special" characters to consider. Therefore to change "THe" to "The" must be possible., But yes in context of some"specifc" EHS subapplications there are specific characters (as "&" or "/$/"; but this is very special) in places which are needed later in the IT process (e.g. Dangerous Goods Management)

b.) Never heard about the error message: "When I try to select the grey-out text, I get “A template is selected by line” message, which I cannot edit."

c.) can you explain in more detail this "When I try to select the grey-out text,"? Can you show a picture here? Do you use the phrase status in your system?

d.) can you please execute su53; may be you do not have enough access rights (phrase belongs to phrase group there you do not have enough access rights)

This message "Will also receive an “Unable to call PC editor (unknown paragraph format <TH>) message." gives rise to the fact that some basic SAP set up is "crahsed" / "destroyed" / or not fully configured. IN you will find some references regarding the "Editor" topic.  Hope this helps you as the starting point

C.B.

PS: which SAP release do you use? Is your System "UNICODE" enabled?