cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample ASAP 8 Project Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for a sample ASAP 8 project plan.  Thought I read that it can be generated from the WBS accelerator but I can't find that either.  If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debby - thanks - but unfortunately the link doesn't allow me to make a connection in order to see the plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a copy of the WBS accelerator (i've found the WBS Dictionary template and the WBS excel spreadsheet listing the accelerators).  Neither of these tools provides a FULL listing of suggested WBS elements.  Is there anything that has the FULL list which could then be dropped into MPP or another project planning tool.

Thanks!!

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

I'm not sure what you miss, but the WBS templates in ASAP 8 provide complete list of phases, deliverables and tasks that are in ASAP pre-selections. Could you give us few examples of what you are missing in the template?

Best Regards, Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Thanks for reaching out.  I have a ASAP 7.2 Project Plan and in it it covers every single WBS element recommended.

I have not been able to find a full sample ASAP 8 project plan.  In reading this forum I saw where you could obviously generate a plan by copying the WBS elements from the WBS accelerators (i've found the WBS Dictionary template and the WBS excel spreadsheet listing the accelerators).  When I look at the ASAP 8 WBS Dictionary template - an example would be in Project Initiation it has WBS 1.1.1, 1.1.2 , 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 but no 1.1.3.  There are many other examples (1.2.2; 1.3.3; 1.5.2; 1.5.4; 1.5.5 etc).  Am I looking at the incorrect file???

Also - I have the previous sample ASAP project plans for Global ASAP, Roll-outs, etc.  but cant find anything like these for ASAP 8

Appreciate any help you can provide or pointing me in the right direction

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK got it. Think of ASAP WBS in the Excel as view (or filter) on what we call the ASAP master. The ASAP master contains all the work for different types of project - traditional, agile, HANA, etc. If you looked at the master it does not work for any specific project - the pre-selected tasks in the views represent the deliverables and tasks specific for that type of implementation. That leads to 'breaks' in the numbering. Sorry about the confusion.

Let me know if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Thank you for providing light at the end of the tunnel!!!  So....if I were to look at an ASAP master project plan I would see WBS elements for HANA, Agile, etc as well as for tradiitional.  When I pull down looking at just the traditional ASAP - I will see breaks in the WBS numbering - correct??

Is it possible to see the ASAP master?

Thanks for your help!!!

Bob

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Robert,

we do not ship the ASAP master database as a standalone package. It is always delivered in the view relevant for particular project. The master database on its own does not make sense unless you select the appropriate deliverables or tasks for projects you are running.

Think of it as all content that is used to deliver:

1. A2O projects - the new implementation based on RDS and Engineered Services

2. Single RDS delivery

3. Agile implementation project

4. Traditional implantation with full blueprint

5. HANA specific implementation methodology

For needs of project schedule creation you can pick the pre-selection we created for your type of project and use that as a starting point. That is easiest way to get started.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

I understand and I actually thought that was what you were doing BUT my confusion came about when I chose "Traditional implementation with full blueprint" and then was not able to find a sample project plan or a listing of WBS elements that did not have "missing" elements as mentioned in my previous post. (I would have thought that when you generated / pulled from the WBS master that it would have renumbered appropriately such that there are no gaps in the WBS Structure).

In your final paragraph above you say: "For needs of project schedule creation you can pick the pre-selection we created for your type of project and use that as a starting point. That is easiest way to get started."

So if I choose the pre-selection (traditional) what "output" should I be using to generate a project plan?? - (as there is no mpp accelerator template / sample project plan).

Thanks Jan!!

Bob

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

sorry about the delay in response. The WBS is provided in ASAP in Excel format. There is only one accelerator with all the pre-selection views on separate tabs. So depending on your project take the content from one of the tabs and import that information into your MS Project file. We are delivering accelerators in XLS to allow access also to customers that may not have MS Project licenses access to this information.

So if you are implementing with Agile approach you can take the hierarchy from the tab 'ASAP Agile WBS Dictionary'. The WBS accelerator is on the Service Marketplace and the link is on the top left side of the window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan,

Just to validate - the excel file I should end up with for a Standard Project is titled "WBSStructureASAP8forStdPrj -1"

Appreciate your help!

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan - yes I had downloaded this one as well and both files have the same WBS.

Appreciate all your help!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos