Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gateway for Microsoft excel

AnjuJha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to create Purchase order data from excel . I have PO header and Item as entity in gateway services . I have associated POHeader with PO Items and declared navigation in SEGW. I have implemented method CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY.

While binding the gateway services, it just bind the header fields and i don't have provision to pass on the item fields . My requirement is to bind  PO Header and Items together in excel and call the create_deep_entity method so that PO with item is created together in single payload.

In my  case i am able to bind either header or Item data and it search for create_entity method and throw error.

Does excel support Deep Insert ? Can we create Hierarchical data using GWPAM excel.

Thanks,

Anju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

unfortunately the Header - Lineitem scenario is not yet supported with the GWPAM / Gateway for Microsoft Excel BPX add-in scenario. You should be able to develop such a scenario using the Gateway for Microsoft Excel template which is available in Visual Studio -- however, unlike in the Gateway for Microsoft Excel BPX scenario you will need to code something.

Regards,

Holger.

dworak_florian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

If CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY is not yet supported, how do mass updates typically work? Does it use the $batch operation? Or does it fire every single change in the spreadsheet as its own update?

(Am I right to assume that Excel kept track of which records were changed?)

Thanks,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

it is up to you: the Gateway for Microsoft Excel add-in does support both $batch and the single updates. If the underlying OData service supports $batch then this will certainly boost performance if you do mass update operations.

... and you are right: GWM keeps track on the records which have been changed (updated, deleted or created)

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is still valid to state that the Excel addin does not support Create Deep Insert?

I'm evaluting the acquisition of this addin, and this limitations dimishes highly the value of this product for my use cases, FI-GL, CA, AP.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks