cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Cross Domain Policy Error #2170

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently facing the issue on Cross domain policy error #2170 when i opened SWF file in Infoview and CMC.

I know this is a repeated question being asked in SCN sorry to ask again.

But i have opened tomcat folder and there is no cross domain Policy file at all. So does this one makes to stop the update data in SWF which is in CMC or Infoview for the end usr.

Pls help me in this..

Thanks
Chanukya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help, my cross domain issue has been closed, I copied new cross domain policy file and in addition i made some changes in Global flash security settings panel which cleared my error.

Sorry for late reply. I am unaware to close this thread. pls help regarding this.

Thanks

Chanukya.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great CP, Close the thread if the issue got clarified.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Some time this issue is coming bec of port not open or firewall setting so plz check the firewall setting)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your reply. I will have a check and get back to you.

Thanks
Chanukya.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update the file in tomcat and re-start the server.

Try the below options also:

Resolution: Note( 1240810 - Xcelsius 2008 dashboard returning Error #2170)

Adjust your local Flash Player Security Settings to add your SWF location as a trusted site.  The following example describes how you can allow any SWF on your C: drive to access external data:

Right-click inside the SWF file and choose 'settings'

Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog will appear.

Click on 'Advanced' within the Privacy tab

Your default web browser will launch and take you to Macromedia's Settings Manager

In the Settings Manager, click on'Global Security Settings Panel'

Make sure that 'always Allow' is selected

Click on the dropdown box and choose 'Add Location'

add: 'C:\' (without the apostrophes)

Resolution : Note ( 1201632 - How to configure cross-domain data loading for Xcelsius SWF Dashboards)

In order to permit cross-domain connectivity, a policy "crossdomain.xml" file needs to be placed on the root level of the web server that is hosting the external data (eg. XML, Web Service).  For instance, a SWF Dashboard accessed from DomainA attempting to access a Web Service pointing to DomainB will need the Cross-Domain Policy file stored at the web server's context root of DomainB:  This will allow Flash to access the XML from the following requested URL: http://<DomainB>:<port#>/crossdomain.xml.

Here is a sample crossdomain.xml file that can be used as a wildcard to permit access to all domains:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
   <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false" />
   <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />
</cross-domain-policy>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

The above two steps i followed but still i am facing the issue which is not allowing to update my data in CMC and Infoview

Thanks

Chanukya

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which type of connection did you use inside dashboard ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit,

I used Live office connection..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arjit,

I used the XML like the below

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <cross-domain-policy>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />

<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="true" />

<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="true" />

</cross-domain-policy>

One more point you should know is i am opening flash file in Internet Explorer in my Production system. In this I changed the security options to trust my SWF file which is allowing to update my live data.

But you know that client wants to see it in Infoview not in internet explorer.

Thanks

Chanukya.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use relative URL in the connection. I think you have hardcoded the server ip in connection and your infoview url is using server hostname. Or the reverse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arjith, 

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <cross-domain-policy>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />

<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="true" />

<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="true" />

</cross-domain-policy>

From the above code can you pls tell me any mistakes are there or not?

I think 2nd line is having mistake (view source for full doctype) i think here i should give some link?

Thanks

Chanukya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanukya,

As suggested by Suman and as per SAP Note :1201632,<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="true" /> still has not changed to <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />.

Change the above secure property to "false".

Finally your file has to be in the below format.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false" />

<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />

</cross-domain-policy>

Open your Cross-domain file and change the secure property to false which is not done as per your reply.

Regards,

Venkat P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Thanks for your reply and i will try the steps you told and will update you about the error.

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chanukya,

Step1:Check if you are able to access the crossdomain from the browser i.e http://TomcatServer:port/crossdomain.xml

Step2:Check if your web services are getting triggered to the correct environment.

It might be the case that the dashboard has been migrated and some queries are still pointing to the old environment.So install the fiddler and capture the fiddler logs.

Warm Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Bcoz of this Cross domain policy error will it effect to update the data for the flash file?

I mean if i clear the error once will it update the data automatically every day or i have to give a scheduling job for crystal report as well in CMC. Please suggest me.

Thanks

Chanukya.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chanukya,

I do see in another post stated that the cross domain policy has been solved. Please schedule the crystal report in CMC and check it the dashboard. Kindly close the thread if the issue got resolved.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I am sorry i am again facing the cross domain error again. I didnt changed any settings but now it shows me Cross domain policy error and also i will schedule the crystal report.

Thanks

Chanukya.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do re-check the settings explained above once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I didnt restarted the tomcat server after copying the cross domain policy file into Root folder. Will that be effecting?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do re-start the tomcat and check the error persist.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chanukya,

Please do leave your comments and close the thread, if you solved the issued. Also please explain the solution here it can be helpful for others.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI suman,

I am sorry still i am having the issue bcoz of tomcat server, i.e why i didnt closed it and once it gets clear i will definitely keep the answer in SCN.

Thanks

Chanukya,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I have restarted my tomcat, after that i have opened CMC and Infoview, in this my flash players are not working i mean flash file is not opening its just getting loading. Pls suggest me.

Thanks

Chanukya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank You for your reply. I followed the below steps:

Step 1: Copied the cross domain file into Tomcat root folder and checked in browser which is working fine.

Step 2: Then restarted the tomcat server.

Step 3: I opened the Macromedia.com website and then added the link into Global flash security settings. (Here I have a doubt like what is the URL to be given in that Flash player)

Step 4: Domain A and Domain B links are there i dont know which one i should give.

Step 5: I am still facing the issue, Please let me know as its affecting my work.

Thanks

Chanukya.