cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme growth of WBCROSSGT after upgrade to EhP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the upgrade to EhP7, job EU_INIT ran for more than 4 days, increasing WBCROSSGT to 24 GB. Anyone else with this strange system behaviour? We're running on MaxDB 7.9.08.22.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

On a copy of a production system upgraded from Ehp3 to Ehp7

SAPRSEUC did run for 14 hours, SAPRSEUI  did run for 2 hours.

WBCROSSGT table grew up to 500 Mb (Oracle DB).

SAP pretends that EU_INIT is now faster ...

1917231 - Runtime improvement for where-used list; job EU_INIT, table WBCROSSGT

The database accesses have been optimized. The runtime of the job EU_INIT has been reduced by around 30%. The call of the where-used list has been accelerated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP wants to tell me that 24 GB is a normal size - I think this is misbehaviour.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YMMV.. depending on the amount of specific source it could change but I fully agree with you it should not reach such a huge size!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

herbert_stckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

If you read OSS Note   2039618 - Size of table WBCROSSGT    , than I think it is a normal behaviour (which I don't understand).

There they tell you to get rid of WBCROSSGT ......
In our System: Tablesize with EHP7 26 GB before below 7 GB (GB = 1 million KB, values read by transaction DB50). By the way: We do a migration to from 6.00 non-Unicode to 6.17 Unicode with MaxDB (SAPDB).

In our System the Indeces on WBCROSSGT are even bigger than the table itself....

Total Size of Table + Indices

Table                  Index                         

WBCROSSGT 

WBCROSSGT  26.508.240
WBCROSSGT    WBCROSSGT~INC  33.026.432
WBCROSSGT    WBCROSSGT~NAM  28.638.440

Even if you say the data grow result by factor 1,5 due to Unicode and 1,5 due to more entries in table PROGDIR, I don't really understand the growth.

Kind regards

Herbert

0 Kudos

We have the same problem after the upgrade to EHP7 on a MSSQL-database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A. Rutten,

even if it may be to late for you, but the SAP Note 1554667 - Where-used list: Performance of job EU_INIT for index build on MSSQL is helpful for the issue on MSSQL-Database.

Kind regards,

Chris