cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design studio 1.3 warning on startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we switched to the new version of design studio - 1.3 - and deployed it on netweaver and local pc.

Now if we start design studio a waring comes up. Does anybody else have this failure during starting design studio and maybe some solutions for this?

Thanks

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Designer ist started with a connection to a platform (e.g. BIP or NetWeaver), it "asks" the platform for its version and its capabilities. If your Desinger is e.g. version 1.3, but your NetWeaver still has Design Studio Runtime 1.2 installed, you get such a message, as the 1.2 Runtime does not yet support SDK extensions.

So best you make sure that Design and Runtime at the platform match.

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

did anyone do the following update as mentioned in SAP Note 1945541 and after that SDK Extensions worked ???

You have to install at least the ABAP SPs:

7.30 => SP 11

7.31 => SP 11

7.40 => SP 06

Regards,

Marco

Mr_Spock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SAP has improved note 1945541 - Design Studio Netweaver SDK support now.

You have to install a certain SP to support SDK extensions.

Regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thanks for the hint.

But you have to install at least SP 6 für NW 7.4.

There is no other way to fix this issue?

Regards,

Stefan

Mr_Spock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I don't think so. As I said, we opened an oss-note and updated note 1945541 was the result...

Regards,
Christoph

Mr_Spock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I opened OSS-note because we want to avoid alert at starting (and we want to use SDK extensions). We got the following interesting statement:

"So just use it and ignore the message, as said in the note.

Applying note 1945541 does NOT mean to avoid the message."

So as SAP the alert appears but it has nothing to say, SDK extensions should work...

Unfortunately we are not able to use SDK extensions on netweaver platform.

In local mode everything works fine but on netwaever platform we get error message that item was not able to create.

In our opinion we did all steps to do (as it is described in admin guide) to activate SDK.

We deployed latest sca-file for DS 1.3 on server and there is a service user on bw-backend.

Do you have any ideas?

Had you done any points which are not mentioned in admin guide to activate SDK usage on BW-platform?

Regards,

Christoph

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christoph - take a look at note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1945541

and note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1992588

and see if that helps.  The last note was just released today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have also installed SAP BusinessObjects Design Release 1.3 Studio HotFix 01 on NW 7.3 and the latest Design Studio client 1.3. Same warning message with prerequisites check here. The platform extensions button in system is gray. Maybe something is missing from the config guide: "administration guide: sap businessobjects design studio based on SAP NetWeaver 1.3" 2014 05 20 ?

Need Help.

Regards,

Marco

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone,

This note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1894594 has a list of things to check and one of them includes something about a warning.  There is a checklist to review.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've also installed SP00 PL1 for Design Studio Netweaver 1.3 and are on the latest Design Studio client release and still get the same warning message.

Regards,

Patrick

Mr_Spock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

did you solve the problem?

We already get this message. We installed DS 1.3 hotfix 1 in our NW-system. But it doesn't work.

Regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

the problem is still there. HotFix also didn´t solve the problem.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert - do the design time and platform versions of Design Studio match, as Reiner says above?  If so I recommend submitting an incident with SAP Support.

Only note I found about Design Studio extensions was this one - it doesn't sound like it applies here: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1950026

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys SAP just adviced if I do not need to use the SDK extensions I can ignore the warning message.

PH
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we face the same issue after upgrading to BI 4.0 SP09 and installation of Design Studio Add-On 1.3 SP0.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

We have a message open at SAP. We haven't installed the hotfix yet; from what is written in SAP Note 2025392 I cannot see, that this hotfix would resolve the issue...

Regards,

Philipp Hinnah

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philipp - did you see Reiner's note above - do the runtime and platform add-on versions for Design Studio match?

PH
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

unfortunately, I am not an administrator of the BO system. Some other colleagues are doing the administration work.

Where should they check runtime and plattform add-on versions? They said, that the installation routines for the Add-On installation ran through successfully.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Design Time - go to Help > About > Installation Details

On the platform, ask the admin to go to the CMC and see steps here in Denis's response http://scn.sap.com/thread/1890893

They should match; otherwise the warning appears

PH
Participant
0 Kudos

I will check with the colleagues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner, what components do I need to update as well .we are using netweaver 7.3 EHP1.In the software download center we have Required Components of other Product Versions but there are plenty as DS studi version I took the client 1.3 but we receive theis warning. How to update/which component need to be updated for the netweaver?

Thanks,

murat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, We've a fresh SAP BO Design Studio 1.3 installation and are on BW 7.3 SP10. SCA-file has been successfully installed on our Portal, too. Nevertheless, after logging-in we get the same error message concerning the design studio extensions... How did you solve this issue? Thanks and best regards, Patrick

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a hotfix released on Friday July 4th

Please see this thread Re: Whats New in Design Studio 1.3 SP1

I am not sure it will help but please check it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Unfortunately, this refers to BIP Add-on patch 1. But we are on NW...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note contains a hotfix for BW/NW as well

See http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2025392

Scroll down to bottom

You should see this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Will give it a try and hope that the patch will fix the issue.

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same warning message when starting DS 1.3. How did you solve this?

Thanks and regards,

murat

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any SDK components which are available locally which is not installed on the server yet?    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

thanks for your reply. The error appears if using design studio with standard components as well as using with custom components. But I tried to install the sample components from help portal and this leads to an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richter,

Have you configured the permissions for using SDK extensions on the SAP NetWeaver Portal and SAP NetWeaver BW?

You can find details on how to configure your system in chapter 5.5 of the Administrator Guide for Design Studio based on SAP NetWeaver. More can be found in chapter 6 as well.

With kind regards,

Martijn

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot install the .ZIP source file like that.  You'll have to take the time to put them in a Feature bundle.  Instructions are in the SDK documentation on how to package them in an extension bundle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for your advice. I tried it out but when I click on "Add" in "Plug-ins" - tab, I get an empty popup. I checked the version of the plugin, it is set to 1.0.0.qualifier.

Is there something else I have to consider?