Not getting subscription option in the settings menu of any folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP NW 7.3. We are facing issue with subscription option which
is available under settings menu ( it comes when we check the details of any
folder under the KM).

The issue is, some end users are not getting subscription option in the
settings menu. Could you please help us in finding the missing authorization?

Regards,

Nitin Goel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Did you check if the "subscription" and "Properties" repository services are both enabled on the repository manager for the repository involved? What permissions and service permissions does the user involved have on the resource to which they want to subscribe?

Kind regards,
Lorcan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

Normal users are not getting this option. If i assign SuperAdmin role to any normal user, they will get that option. No matter what type of access they have on the resource. Whether it be read, r/w and full control, normal users are not getting subscription option.

I am getting this option with my ID and also able to subscribe and receive the notifications. So, it means "Subscription" and "Properties" repository services are enabled.

Kindly let me know if you want me to check any thing else.

Note: All the users are getting subscription option for all the resources under Public Documents.

Thanks in advance for looking into it further.

-Regards

Nitin Goel

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Did you check the service permissions on the folder level? See Defining Service Permissions - Content Administration - SAP Library

A super admin user will normally be a System Principal user so normal permissions/service permissions don't apply to them, they will see everything regardless of permissions.

Regards,

Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

I have checked the Service Permission note and below is the screenshot from the portal. In this case we have set the service permission for each and every folder which is not feasible.

I want every user must have subscription option in settings menu for all the folders on which s/he having a access. I meant all the folder exists in his/her my room folder list.

Kindly look into it.

-Regards

Nitin Goel

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Did you actually try assigning an end user relevant subscription service permissions as mentioned previously? If so were they then able to subscribe to content? From your screenshots it looks like you haven't done this.

Regards,

Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

I have added Everyone  group into the Service Permission with Subscribe access and user is able to see the Subscription option but only for that particular folder and its sub folders.

(Documents and its sub folders inside the Business Intelligence room.)

Below is the screenshot from other folder in which user is not having subscription option.

Is there any way in which we can setup the permission so that all the users will be able to see this option for all the folders on which they have access?

-Regards

Nitin Goel

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

OK, great so it does actually work correctly when you assign the relevant service permission. There is no alternative in this scenario. Just like the standard resource ACLs you must define service ACLs if you want users to be able to use specific services on your content. So you have to do this for all folders in which you want subscriptions enabled.

Kind regards,
Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lorcan for looking into it.

Answers (0)