cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HA failover script for RHCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have built a SAP HA system on RHCS  and the services are not automated due to scripts un-availability. So everytime when the server node goes down we

are manually moving the services and starting the SAP and DB.

So can anyone help me by providing or suggesting on the failover scripts for SAP HA on RHCS.

Best Regards,

Shree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

frank_danapfel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shree,

please have a look at the whitepaper available at the following link: Deploying Highly Available SAP Servers using Red Hat Clustering

It explains how to use the RHEL HA add-on (formerly known as Red Hat Cluster suite (RHCS)) on RHEL5 or RHEL6 to make a SAP system high available.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your information. We have already reviewed this document but we have struck in merging the SAP scripts with cluster configuration. The services are moving automatically from

one node to another when the fail-over happened, but the issue is when the services moved they are not starting automatically. Every time we are starting manually. Please help me how to enable the SAP scripts with cluster configuration.

Regards,

Shree

frank_danapfel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shree,

all the information you need to set up a SAP HA environment on RHEL should be in the whitepaper I provided. If your cluster setup does not work even if it is set up according to those instructions please open a support message via the SAP Service marketplace or by opening a support case via the Red Hat customer portal.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SAPInstance resource agent must be configured for SAP services and SAPDatabase must be configured for the database so that they can be managed by cluster. these resource agents will take care of starting/stopping the SAP/DB related services

the sapstartsrv also will be managed by the cluster automatically. incase if this service is running in both nodes for ASCS/SCS instances stop them so that it will started by the cluster framework in the appropriate node

also check if SAPHOSTAGENT in installed in both the nodes

check the below link for further help

ocf_heartbeat_SAPInstance

if these Resource agents are not configured then you need to only start/stop them manually

regards, Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

> and the services are not automated due to scripts un-availability.

Can you explain a bit more your issue and attach cluster configuration file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Please can anyone help me here. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shree