cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL Default Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We just upgraded to ERP 6.0 EHP6 SP11 and activated business function HCM_ERC_CI_4 in our development system.  After doing so, the default query on the Recruiter dashboard is no longer "My Open Requisitions;" it is now "Open Background Checks."  I am describing the situation when the Recruiter has never themselves specified a default query using the Personalize feature on the Recruiter dashboard.  Therefore, the system would default them to “My Open Requisitions.”  This is no longer happening.

How do I make the system go back to using “My Open Requisitions” as the system default?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

John Holland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I would run report POWL_D01 to reset the user settings and test again afterwards.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I ran POWL_D01 on a couple of users in our development system.  It did cause their default query to now be "My Open Requisitions."  This is perfect for someone who has not specified a default query themselves.  However, it had two affects that are not desired.  I had my default query set to “Open Team Requisitions” along with a custom view I defined.   After running POWL_D01 for me, it removed my selection for “Open Team Requisitions” so that I now do not have a default query specified under Personalize.  It also removed the custom view I created and had set as my default.

So the two problems are:

1. Elections that Recruiters make under Preferences as their default query are deleted.

2. Custom views that Recruiters create are deleted.

The behavior that is desired is that any one who has specified a default query would not have that election changed.  Also, custom views would not be deleted.  Only Recruiters who have NOT specified a default query would have their default reset to "My Open Requisitions."

How do we accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

John

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

POWL_WLOAD could help. POWL_D01 provides a user selection but there is no automatic check done.

A list of all reports is available under:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/EYAvEg

Probably, it's an idea to ask that question how to accomplish that to the POWL community.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for responding.  Is there a table that I can check to see which users have specified a default query?  Also, is there a table that will tell me who has a custom view?  By knowing these two pieces of information, I could skip running POWL_D01 for them.

Also, I did a search and could not find the POWL community.  Does it go by another name?

Regards,

John

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I couldn't find such a table but I found the note where the default POWL query setting was changed in E-Recruiting - this is note 1856727.

Best is to choose the Web Dynpro ABAP community.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

If I interpret the note 1856727 correctly, it corrects an issue where someone specified a different default query but that was ignored by the system and "My Open Requisitions" executed instead.  Are you saying that this note changed the default query to something different?

Regards,

John

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It didn't set anything different - it just enables that you can set now which query you want to show as default.

Regards,

Nicole

Answers (0)