Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWPAM - Input help is not enabled

AnjuJha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created Gateway services . My entity type is created from DDIC structure i..e. all fields in the structure are properties of Entity type.

I have enabled search help for one of the field in the structure . GWPAM give out of box capability of input help if property is having  search help (F4)  as per document I found in net

The SAP NetWeaver Gateway Productivity Accelerator for Microsoft supports Value Help

automatically out-of-the-box. If the underlying NetWeaver Gateway service collection

contains properties that are value help enabled, the common class ValueHelpData.cs is

then generated by the GWPAM Template Wizard containing methods to fetch the value help

data from the Line-of-Business (LOB) system requested by the user at runtime.

I am unable to enable the input help  in excel. Am I missing anything in the services or in GWPAM binding?

Thanks,

Anju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Nik2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

I tried to do the same as you suggested but I am not able to get the input help. I have an entity type with a currency field. I created another entity type with just the currency field and both of the entity types have the same field name. I created an association with principal entity as my main entity and dependent entity as the currency one. I then created the association set followed by navigation property for the main entity.

The main entity type I created was by using DDIC structure and I did not check the checkbox for Search help since I want the input help values to come from my  the GetEntitySet. Is this not possible?

Regards,

Nikhil

AnjuJha
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can find example of Input help in the document.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Anju!

AnjuJha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Able to fix this issue by myself.

Thanks,

Anju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

could you share with the community what you did to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Holger.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

I have the value helps associated in my structure.

However for the same the f4 is not getting enabled in GWPAM excel.

Could you please help on the same?

Is association must even for a simple F4 to be enabled in GWPAM excel, because if i maintain association then i could see the F4 getting enabled?

Note:

My assumption, according to the help document the F4 will get enabled automatically if the underlying field has the associated value help in the data element.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I guess there is something wrong with your OData service. If you want to see a working example I would recommend the FlightSample. I just tried with  https://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com:443/sap/opu/odata/iwfnd/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT/

When I take the FlightCollection

I can for example see the value help for the Airlines:

Regards,

Holger.

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply!

I have checked the metadata of the flight service and for all the three fields "Airline", "Date", Flight Number", the corresponding navigational properties have been defined.

That was my question exactly, it is not about having the search help in the underlying data type.

I could see two approaches for having F4 in GWPAM excel.

1. Either we define a navigational property (Cons: every F4 should then be define as a key field)

2. Extend the GWPAM solution using visual studio code.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikram

AnjuJha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram ,

There is a way to handle F4 help for non Key fields . You don't have to make each F4 field as a key field in a service  though its a workaround but work absolutely fine.

I will try to prepare the document and send it across.

Thanks,

Anju

0 Kudos

Thanks Anju!