cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I prevent afaria MDM Profile removal on IPAD Devices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if I can prevent the AFARIA Profile removal from the option : settings -> General -> Profile. I know if the end user removes manually the config payload sent from AFARIA and installed as a profile on the device, the MDM surveilance will not work anymore. So I need to know if there is a way to avoid, prevent or block this action from the user on this profile installed for AFARIA. I was Reading several blogs and this is a general problem on MDM world, but I need to know if with AFARIA i can avoid this issue.

I'll wait for your answers

BR,

MC

CC:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marianna,

You can use either Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) or Apple Configurator (OSX app) to put your devices into Supervised mode. This is the only way to disable the MDM-removal.

Apple gives users choice. Welcome to IT 2.0 🙂

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter!

I saw the DEP on the blogs, but I do not think this approach apply to my scenario because DEP is for colleges and universities and is only for US (for now). We are a company on Latin america.  Now, the Apple Configurator is the same thing of IPhone configuration utility IPCU? (I'm a Windows user)

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEP and Configurator will do the same in the end but gets there very differently (OTA vs. cable, At purchase or after etc) but iPCU is something completely different...

You MUST have OS X to run Configurator. I found this nice walk-through of Configurator for you:

What I’ve learned about Apple Configurator… so far | edtechstandish

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again peter!

BR,

Mariana

Answers (0)