cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of customer upgraded from CRM 5.0 -> 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

I'm Yuichi Inokawa, GAD for Company here in Japan. Good to be connected with you here.

Can I ask you a very simple question because The Customer gave me it - "How many CRM 5.0 customer made technical upgrade successfully to CRM 7.0?"

My customer is now upgrading thier on-premise CRM 5.0 to 7.0 as technical upgrade, with some difficulties to be honest but is there any number available to point out that this company is not a only customer who is / has been upgrading it to 7.0.

Thank you so much from Tokyo - Yuichi Inokawa

Message was edited by: Anne Fish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i was involved in two upgrade projects and customer were happy with new functionality.

"Always do more than required. Your customers will benefit. You will,too."

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member224760
Participant
0 Kudos

We had successfully upgraded from CRM 5.0 to 7.0.

Although there were some challenges, it was worth it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swagi,

great reat to hear that. Did your customer / users appreciated the upgrade because of what perspective - functionality, cost, system performance / throughput, etc ... ?

Thanks - Yuichi

former_member224760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Yuichi,

The customers appreciated the upgrade due to:

1. User-friendliness due to the new interface

2. Additional functionalities

3. Easy navigation

4. No need for remembering Tcodes anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swagi,

Tnx for sharing. Sounds very good upgrade experience. Ours are somewhat different - mainly maintain the existing and upgrade technically from infra / maintenance perspectives.

Arigato - Yuichi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I don't know how many, what I can say is I did it once and was a success, we had some troubles: customer modifcations (SPAU) which were reverted to the orginal so all the logic was placed to BADIs also port all the GUI extended functionalities to the WebUI, but I guess can be worst depending in what is implemented and most important HOW.

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis, thank you for your message, yes we see difficulties in differences in functionalities (especially those related to logics) and arch (like Web UI), however we are also having issues around standard functionality difference between 5.0 and 7.0 - this is very hard find out the difference from public information.

now we are trying to be sync with product development teams in WDF.

Thanks - Yuichi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just remembered a funny history, when we where in support stage the customer complain because one standard functionality was removed, the problem was the functionality didn't exist at all, was a bug in the 5.0,they barely applied notes/SP so for them "that" was the standard behaviour...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's - our case has differenct aspects - as customer wants to upgrade with very preciseness & accuracies - no any changes in UI, system behavior, screen layouts, etc etc.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and they come from the SAP GUI....good luck with that, before upgrade the SAP CRM, I honestly think they should upgrade themselves...

former_member224760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuichi,

If your customer wants no changes in UI then its fine, they can continue using the GUI even after upgrade only that SAP will not support GUI anymore.

All your screen layouts and all will remain same in SAP GUI.

You can later make a call on whether you want to switch to Web Ui or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swagi,

To tell you guys the truth that is the approach they finally decided to go. However we do not guarantee the way and functionalities and it remains as a tricky usage.

Have already detected several differences in behaviors from 5.0 which maybe associated with this ...

Cheers

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrade CRM without support and without the new functionalities? that's brilliant...., they sure have a lots of money to waste, if they feel so generous, I can give them my bank account, donations are always welcome

former_member224760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuichi,

First of all, were they not aware of the changes or functionalities of CRM 7.0 before upgrade? How and why did they make a call for upgrade then?

And what are the difference in behaviour that you have mentioned in 5.0 and 7.0 in SAP GUI?

There will be some changes & bug fixes we have to make from our end after upgrade. But beyond that, is there any functionality difference that you find in SAP GUI 7.0?

Are they using CIC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swagi,

as a matter of fact of course functional level has been explored and understood fully.

what was not is very detail changes - almost program level.

difference  in 5.0 vs 7.0 - minor behaviors like order in drop-down box etc.