cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use OLAP report in ASP.net Crystal report viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created OLAP report using Crystal Report 13. I wanted to view the report using Crystal Report viewer in Visual Studio 2010 web application. While viewing the output, I m getting "Loading failed report" error. What are the ways to view OLAP report. Also I'm using service pack CRforVS_13_0_9.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expecting some reply regarding the possibility of viewing OLAP report (Cube data) in Crystal Report Viewer in ASP.net Web app.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you try below sample code and see if you could load the report.

ReportDocument rd = New ReportDocument();

rd.load(Server.Mappath("report.rpt"));

Crystalreportsviewer1.reportsource = rd;

Also, add the perticular report to your solution in VS and doubleclick it. Does it open in CR designer inside VS IDE? What happens when you refresh it here, does it work?

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I added the report to solution and your code to form. when executing i m getting the unable to open cube error. see the attachment.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the report work fine from CR 2011 designer?

What happens when you view the report from CR for VS bundled designer inside VS IDE? Does it work?

Is this a standalone report or published on Enterprise (CMC / Infoview)?

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Its working on Designer. There is no provider to connect OLAP, when i design the report using CR for VS. Its standalone report.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the CR designer (2011) installed on the same machine as the VS?

You may need to install SAP integration kit to get the driver installed.

I remember a case where an issue was with SAP Infoset connectivity and it was not possible to view the report using SDK. This could be the simillar issue as well.

If you have BusinessObjects Enterprise installd you could try to publish the report to CMC and try to view it using Enterprise SDK (with SAP IK).

With CR for VS, I dont think the drivers get installed by default. With CR 2008 in initial stages (before SP3 I guess) SAP IK installation was required to get the BW / BEX providers to integrate with CR designer. The new standalone designers do privide the connectivity but the CR fr VS might now.

It would be a good idea to log this as an enhancement at ideas.sap.com

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both CR designer and VS on same machine. I didn't install SAP Integration KIT.  If i use Cross Tab instead OLAP its working fine. Only issue with OLAP Grid. Is there any way to solve this issue.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your problem is that CRVS does not install the OLAP driver. E.g.; screenshot from the CR 2013 designer:

Screenshot from the CRVS designer:

Notice - no OLAP. E.g.; if you look in the CR 2013 install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86), you will find crdb_olap.dll. The install directory for CRVS (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86) does not have the dll.

If you want to run OLAP based report in CRVS, you will have to install the BI .NET SDK and try that. Note that you will not be able to change the datasource at all as there are no APIs for that. To install the .NET SDK for BI 4.x see teh following:

How to Install the BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK on a Development System with Visual Studio 2010 - Busine...

How to Install the BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK on a Production, Staging or Test Server - Business Intel...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you post the complete stack trace of the error?

Also, does the same application work for other reports (RDBMS)?

Is it a windows or a web app?

What code are you using to view the report?

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its web app. I can view the rdbms reports with the same viewer (ie using ODBC / OLEDB provider). Only problem is while trying to view the OLAP report which using MS Sql Analysis Service. Below is design time code. and attached screen shot of error screen:

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="True"

GroupTreeImagesFolderUrl="" Height="1202px" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1"

ToolbarImagesFolderUrl="" ToolPanelWidth="200px" Width="1104px" ToolPanelView="None" />

<CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">

<Report FileName="crReport.rpt">

</Report>

</CR:CrystalReportSource>