Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running an Odata service in Advanced Rest Client

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created one simple OData model (using Integration gateway) with datasource as SOAP web service. We are able to test the SOAP Web service in STORM tool and getting desired response. But when we run the converted OData URL in Advanced REST Client we are getting the following exceptions/errors.

Could not send message

Also, while looking at SMP3 server log, we came across below error logs:

+0530#ERROR#com.sap.gateway.core.ip.odata.ODataErrorCallbackImpl##anonymous#http-bio-8080-exec-1###handleError(): failed to serve request for URI http://<ip>:8080/gateway/odata/sap/REL2;v=1/GetUserDets(Applid='****',Applpwd='****',Fund='***',Userid='****.***@gmail.com',Password='***@1234'), message = Could not instantiate data provider based on class null |

+0530#ERROR#com.sap.gateway.core.ip.runtime.PathInfoExtractor##anonymous#http-bio-8080-exec-1###null java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null

Any help?

Regards,

JK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JK,

Is this issue was resolved? I'm facing the same issue after update the DB in MSSQL server it shows the same error as you mentioned previous could please provide me the solution for that ASAP?

Thanks!

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you getting the same "could not send message" error?

If yes, it is a network issue. configure proxy in SMP server.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

After updating my DB and do the ODATA service after completion of that hit the server in chrome it shows error like

<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code/>

<message xml:lang="en">

Could not instantiate data provider based on class null

</message>

</error>

expet that service i did another one it is working fine using the same server with out set the proxy

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
After updating my DB and do the ODATA service after

I didnt understand above highlighted point.

meanwhile, can you deploy the same Odata service (from eclipse) with some other name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After update the table in SQL DB and re create the ODATA Model and implement the service and then generate and deploy it into the server.Completion of doing the ODATA service provide the namespace and cockpit connections in Admin  cockpit and gateway cockpit i'l check it in the browser then it displays the above errorr

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You get that error as soon as you open service document?

Have you created a destination and map it to the service?

If yes, i suggest you to reproduce the same again. Delete service from GW cockpit, delete destination, re-create the project, do odata modeling, make sure table name and entityset name should have same name.

enable the log level in admin cockpit > LOGS>SERVER LOGS SETTINGS

INTEGRATION GATEWAY>debug

Look at the logs.

If possible, share all the steps with screenshots.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq i rebuild the service now i'm able to get the all details through ODATA Service thanx for your support.

where will i check the log after enable the log level in admin cocpit??

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

good to hear that.

you can check in admin cockpit itself  LOGS>SERVER LOGS. check the first log file hostname-smp-server.log

And in the SMP installation path as well: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq JK.thanx a lot for your support 

1.How to find the current application in server logs?

2.what is agentry application i think only one agentry application in server why?

3.If we want to display the Static data in the form of list view like labels and Textfields is it possible to do that in static form?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Request you not to mix any other query with this post. Please raise a new thread.

Rgrds,

JK

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

to answer we would need to see the mapping you did from SOAP to OData. Could you post a screen shot of that?

Thanks,
Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the issue resolved ?

I am facing same issue for some services.

They were working previously, now they are not.

If yes what was the solution.

Thanks.