cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#DATASYNC error while merging two different quires

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on SAP BO 4.1 SP2 Patch2 , I am trying to build a webi report on top of 2 different bex quires . I Merged on company code-Key from both the quires. Made query 1 as the primary query (a,b,c) and created the details objects (x,y,z) for dimensions from query 2.

The brought in the merged Company code to report and fields directly from Primary query (a,b,c) , when I bring the fields from query 2 (x,y,z) . I am getting #DATASYNC error .

1.How to over come the # DATASYNC Error and what should be passed in for associated Dimension while creating the details for (x,y,z) . I am not able to find the Merged Dimensions (Company code- Keys).

2.If I check the  "Avoid duplicate rows aggregation" , I am getting the values . Is it the best practice to show the duplicate row aggregation (or) we need to always uncheck the option . Which is the best practice ?

3. After checking the Avoid Duplicate row aggregation, I always ends up with the "Unable to get the first page of current report. Check the validity of report"

Kindly find the errors below.

Please suggest me the best practice to follow , while working on multiple bex quires .  Suggestions Highly appreciated.

Thanks

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating detail objects pass the merged dimension i.e. Company Code Key as the associate dimension.

You can drag all the detail objects along with the merged dimension and measures. This should remove the #DATASYNC error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charuta Sathe ,

I was able to  remove the #Datasync , If I check the Avoid Duplicate Row aggregation.

Can you please let me know the best practice , Avoid Duplicate Row Aggreation has to checked or Unchecked .

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have measures with aggregate function and there are duplicate dimension values in the dimensions chosen. It is not recommended to check "Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation".

~ Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have defined merged dimension on 'company code-Key' which is common in both the Bex-queries.

You are able to bring the merged dimension and other objects from  Query_ One to report block without any issue but when adding objects from Query_Two you are getting the error #DATASYNC.

In this case objects from Query_One are got sync with the merged dimension object without any issue because they got added first to it.

Similarly when you add merged dimension and objects from Query_Two you find no issue, because objects from Query_Two go sync first.

Once objects from a query(Query_One/Query_Two) got added to a merged dimension, when we try adding objects from other query we get #DATASYNC error. This is because data in the other query is not able to sync with the initial result set, this is a know behavior.

There are two workarounds:

1) Merging all common dimension/characteristic objects: Only merged dimensions data will sync with the initial query,  un-merged dimensions/characteristic objects will still give #DATASYNC error.

2) Create detail objects/attribute objects at report level for all uncommon characteristic/dimension objects from query_two referring to merged dimension. Then add these newly created detail/attribute objects to the table block that is having initial query objects with merged dimension, with this you see result set of query_two in the table block  not #DATASYNC error.

~ Manoj