SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate sales and return transaction for POSDM interface to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We have a requirement to separate sales and return transaction movement types (251 and 252) for even the same articles.

Currently, we are using two-step process but the aggregation will combine both sales and return transactions together.

(For example, if i sell 2 article A and return 1 article A, the system will aggregate to selling only 1 article A with movement type 251.

But we want to have movement type 251 posting for 2 article A, and movement type 252 posting for 1 article A.)

Would you have any recommendation in terms of configuration?

Thanks a lot for that.

BR

Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dom,

Sales and Returns are separated using “Sales Item type” field. Please include the 'Sales item type' in the grouping string. When you run the aggregation task, it will create two aggregates, one for Sale and another one for returns. You can process the generated aggregates using the outbound task and will automatically generate two Idocs, seperated for sales and returns.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create separate tasks for Sales and returns.

Thansk,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Thanks Vikrant,

Can you provide more details what task you are referring to? For example, outbound task? aggregation task? Or do you mean new set of task group for the sales item type?

Many thanks

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dom,

Use seperate 'retail line item type' for returns and make sure you aggregation level includes this 'retail line item type'. If you are using custom BAdI for generating IDOC, make sure you are treating lines differently based on 'line item type'.

Regards,

Ravi Poluru

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

I am using separate 'retail line item type' or 'sales item type' in the IMG for POS transactions (as well as separate sales items type group.

For the BAdi to generate IDOC, I am using standard BAdi instead of customized one.

Would you have further clarification to the solution?

Thanks a lot.

Dom

0 Kudos

In that case, I guess the standard BAdI is aggregating the data without considering the retail line item type. If it is so, you need to implement custom BAdI to use 'Retail Line Item Type' while aggregating.

Regards,

Ravi Poluru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dom,

Sales and Returns are separated using “Sales Item type” field. Please include the 'Sales item type' in the grouping string. When you run the aggregation task, it will create two aggregates, one for Sale and another one for returns. You can process the generated aggregates using the outbound task and will automatically generate two Idocs, seperated for sales and returns.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh, thanks for your reply.

I am currently using different "Sales item type" for Sales and Returns separately, but the aggregation task is aggregating them together.

Can you share more, or if you can capture any screenshot, regarding what you meant by "grouping string"? As in where and how to maintain this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR

Dom

0 Kudos

Dominic do you know the solution? I have the same problem. Need to create 2 different IDocs.

0 Kudos

Sales Item Type customizing ... aggregation ... Grouping key 1 ... the default value is '01'. Leave it like this for sales and set it to '02' for returns. You will get separate segment for article returns in WPUUMS.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Thanks Denyo, I have tried that but still the sales and return are aggregated together. I have also checked that I am using the standard parameter group for my aggregation task.

So if you could kindly share more solution if possible?

In fact, I am thinking would it be due to the "aggregation level" setting in which I may have to add another table or what?

Thanks a lot in advance!

BR

Dom

0 Kudos

Sorry, Dom, I forgot to mention something ... Aggregation Task customizing->Task XXXX (e.g. 2002)->Parameters->add new parameter "USE_GROUPING_KEY_NO" and set value 1 (Grouping Key 1).

BR

Denyo

0 Kudos

Thanks Denyo, I got it now in the config.

Sales and returns are not aggregated and postings are correct.

0 Kudos

hi dom,

can you please let me know how you resolved the issue

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue but not able to resolve the same.

I have created the pave assigned the parameter and assinged the value still its not reflecting the changes in WPUUOMS idoc .

Let me know what all configuration is required.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the other settings you have maintained ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

For Sales and Return i have maintained different "Sales Item Type" with " Grouping Key "  as  01 and 02 .

In One-Step Processing i have tried defining "parameter for the task" used for WPUUMS but still it didn't reflected the changes.

Do i need to make changes in configuration?

Thank You

0 Kudos

For one step processing you need to create separate task to generate WPUUMS for sales and returns.

Solution mention above is for two step processing.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

What do you mean by "Seperate Task"??

What all Configuration Is required can you please let me know in detail as i am new to POSDM.

Thanks alot for the help.

0 Kudos

What are the different transaction type you are using ?

Do you have sales and returns in same transaction type ?

BR,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

For Sales and Return I have defined seperately in "Sales Item Type"  in POS transactions

0 Kudos

What are the transaction type you have?

These are sales Item type.

BR,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

In POS transaction we have transaction Type for sales as in standard also return field is not given.

So where I need to define?

0 Kudos

It depends on how you are receiving data.

If your POS is using separate transaction type (opcode/value) for return you need to configure separate transaction type.

0 Kudos

No we are not using Separate Transaction type for return .

We are getting sales and return in one transaction type i.e. Sales from POS.

0 Kudos

Please try creating separate task group for returns and assign that to return item type. Create separate task for returns and add that in newly created task group.

I hope this will work. Not sure but should work.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashi Gaur,

Yes, As already explained by Vikrant, You Can create a separate task group for sales and assign that to sales item type (2001) and Create separate task group for returns and assign that to return item type (2801). This can be performed in two-step agregation process. The sales records will be in and returns will be .

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D