SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast data upload in SAP F&R system from excel sheet/BI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very new to SAP F&R and working in a project. As per a requirement, We have to upload Forecast data in SAP F&R system for fashion articles we have to build the forecast outside the system and need to load it in F&R and run the replenishment.

Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible to upload forecast data in SAP F&R. If possible how we can upload from BI/Excel sheet.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Anyone can please help me to answer the above question.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We can upload forecast data(FC_MEAN time series) to F&R data base using /FRE/FU_TOOLS_TS_FILE_LOAD program. You can also maintain the data (as far as I know only FC_MEAN) directly in /FRE/TSE01 transaction. But the draw back is you can maintain only at site-article level. So the first option is better for mass upload

Regards

Yogeesha

fpadt
Explorer
0 Kudos

/N/FRE/CDM_VIEWER

Load Planning Data (CTRL + F11)

This is a short description about importing self generated planning d

into system to use as forecast data.

- Generate Excel Template:

With this button you can generate an example Excel File with two samp

entries.

It can be changed and reloaded into the system which can be used as

forecast data.

- Load Excel File:

With this button you can load the Excel File you have changed or

generated with planning data into the system.

The structure of the file must be the same as the example excel. The

first row contains only column names and will not be read.

Hope this Helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the same

/N/FRE/CDM_VIEWER

Load Planning Data

note: if the article code is a numer it should come with many zeros in Excel file

(e. g. 0000000000000000000000000000000000361600).

I've reported  this is an error to SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

We are facing some challenges with the activation of the planning data.

Currently we do this manually in /FRE/CADE

How do you activate the planning data? Is there any program/report to do this automatically?

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have no problem with activation via "Load planing data" button in cdm_viewer. Maybe you do not maintain fields "Activity: and "End of Usage" in excel? Here my file example:

Location;Product;Activity Status;End of Usage;End of Use TZO;Flag Safety Factor;Safety Factor;Change User;Edit;Edit Granularity;Day;Granularity;Quantity;UoM

R204;0000000000000000000000000000000000361600;X;20501231;UTC;X;1;LTMG00000341;W;W;201420;W;12;

0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

I will try (as soon as I am back from holiday). Thought we maintained the fields but not sure

So this means I can upload the planning data and it will replace the forecast data. so I can start the FRP run immediately?

Is this how you use this? For us it will be an excellent fall-back scenario for products which are difficult to forecast

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, we use it exactly the way you described.

0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

Ever tried to use the upload program to automate the loading?

I can't get it to work. Although data is loaded in the buffer tables:

I do the following steps:

1. Upload using se38 >> /FRE/FU_TOOLS_TS_FILE_LOAD  PLN_DATA_MEAN

2. load into /FRE/BIF_TSD (check with se16, data is in)
3. process BIF by /FRE/BIF (check with se16 data is processed)

4. check /FRE/CADE however data doesn't appear

any suggestions?

btw: can I give you points?

regards

Floris

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I've tried to upload some Z time series into database. For this I've customized time series interface,  - maintained new qualifier and etc. Data load was successfull, - I've checked it in /FRE/TSE01. However I am not sure if that would work for PLN_DATA_MEAN, because it has more fields than cons_data for example.

Also why do you want to use /FRE/FU_TOOLS_TS_FILE_LOAD instead of cdm_viewer?

regards,

Eduard

0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

main reason is that I would like to create the forecast in BW/BI using integrated planning.

Often for Fashion planning a top down planning approach is used instead a forecast by SKU as fashion items have short life cycles. We are currently looking into referencing schema/modules but they seem to be too restricitve

This forecast needs to be loaded into F&R. CMD_VIEWER will work but is labour intensive and far to manual.

I hope I could load the data from BI to F&R in an automated fashion. (and hopefully with standard SAP)