cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and restore of a planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking into the best way to make a backup of a planning area. Currently we are taking weekly snapshots to a cube.

I find some notes and discussions about backing up LiveCache, but cannot really find the recomended way for our version (Running SCM 702 and LC 7.9).

I also wonder if its possible to restore one particlar planning area using a LC backup, or if using cubes or other method is recommended when we need to backup individual planning areas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I am looking into the best way to make a backup of a planning area. Currently we are taking weekly snapshots to a cube."

- It's correct way. TS data of the planning area recommended to backup to Infocube.

"I find some notes and discussions about backing up LiveCache, but cannot really find the recomended way for our version (Running SCM 702 and LC 7.9).

I also wonder if its possible to restore one particlar planning area using a LC backup, or if using cubes or other method is recommended when we need to backup individual planning areas."

- You could not restore one particlar planning area using a LC backups.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thank you Natalia, then we'll continue with the cubes and refine that process a bit.

Answers (0)