cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Test Failed (HTTP Status 401).

Former Member

Hi Experts-

After connecting our TREX installation (7.1 Rev 57) to a ABAP (Netweaver 7.4) system, we are seeing errors while performing ICM Connection Tests. Here is the error-

Connection Test failed. HTTP Status 401: Kernel error:ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_BROKEN (401 )

The RFC connection test works fine and the issue is only with ICM test. Any help here to pin point the error will be appreciated.

-Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same Probleme Heree...

I Have on Trex Customizing  remove the check box that has : "Use IP Address instead of hostname" And I will try again now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what i get when doing connection test in TREXADMIN-

TREX Connection Test                                        1

Connection Test failed

Remote communication failure with partner

http://xxxxxxx:30003/asxml/connTestBxml HTTP Status 401: Kernel error:ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_BROKEN (401 )

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I suppose that the issue is caused by the wrong settings in the TREXADMIN . Could you please check what are the communication methods activated in tc. TREXADMIN - TREX ABAP Customizing . If the TCM method is selected , please switch this to ICM/TCM and save the changes. The similar issue is described in the note 1967609. If it doesn't help could you please open OSS message for this problem .

Best regards,
Mikhail

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

From Trex admin tool to back end system connection are correct?

could you refer the SCN link to cross check the configuration part from Trex admin tool

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43539

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail-

The default settings in TREX ABAP customization have selected ICM/TCM only.  We have already opened a OSS message with SAP on this.

The issue is still there and we are trying to figure it out.

-Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram-

As communicated earlier, from TREXADMIN transaction or TREXAdmin console,

- The RFC connections work fine.

- The ICM connection gives error (ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_BROKEN (401 )

-Amit

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

could you please tell me what's the message number.

Thanks,
Mikhail

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

1.  On Trex admin tool in TREX system. not on SAPGUI by using transaction Trexadmin.

2, Are you using gateway on local or central gateway system?

3. What is the version of Trex & SP level ?

4. Could you share you error with screen shot reference

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail-

Here is the OSS number - Error with ICM Connection Test (Kernel Error): 401 ( 572535 / 2014 )

Thanks

-Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram-

1. We are using local gateway in TREX Admin properties
  2. Trex version is - 7.1 Rev 57
  3. SAP Netweaver AS ABAP is on 7.4 SP4.
  4. Please check the screen shots below.
former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can you please repeat test TREXAdminTool (python) -> Connectivity ->connect AdminTool -> switch to ICM tab -> use IP instead of TREX hostname and create a new one screenshot.  I suppose that the ICM is failed due to incorrect settings on the ICM side. Is the profile parameter icm/host_name_full set by you?

Best regards,
Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail-

Yes, I have already tested via IP Addresses after changing settings in TREX ABAP Customizing.

Parameter ICM/HOST_NAME_FULL is already set in the system.

Thanks

-Amit

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,
as the R/3 connection doesn't work (timeout error from saprouter) I can not logon into the system . Could you please check it. Could you please also put in the OSS message the entry from the profile file - what's set for icm/host_name_full parameter. It could be possible that you put FQDN of a server (or different one server)  , this can not be resolved and the HTTP Service can not be started correctly due of this.

Thanks,
Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail-

I have replied to your queries in the OSS message. Additionally, since we are getting 401, it has to do with some sort of Authorization error.

I also checked by tracing in wireshark, the connection gets terminated (RESET) after the initial handshake between AS/ABAP and TREX Engine succeeds.

-Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram-

Both the Notes are not applicable for our scenario. (We are on NW 7.4 and we are not using DBSL connection type here).

-Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikail-

We were able to fix the problem after working with network team. Even though we were able to telnet back and forth between SAP Application Server and SAP TREX server, still we needed to define some explicit firewall rules with the help of network team in our landscape.

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.

-Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

WE are also facing same issue with the trex server. From your experience I understand that your network team did some changes in the firewall. Same I want to suggest to my team as well. So could you please brief me about these changes to be done at n/w.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar, Please make sure that ports - 30001,30003, 30005,30007,30011 (the default ports) are open from SAP ABAP/Java Stack to TREX Host(s).