cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS : MT940 : Pulling reference number from tag 86 "XREFNUM-1" as "NUM-1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For us the tag 86 contains tag line XREFNUM-1 . NUM-1 is the reference number .

If I define a search string as XREF???-# . Although it turns in to NUM-1 in FEBRE and in test option,

it fails to clear the customer invoice. Please let us know, how the search string can be defined.

I suspect, it is because of the '-' . Please provide some insight, as to how to handle this?

Regards

SR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swastik,

whic is the algorithm you are using for this purpose in the external transaction assignment to posting rule setup?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

From your answer, does it mean that , if the original document num or ref doc num, contains special characters, we can not use them as such? that is with special characters, for clearing the invoices?

Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

If the special character is needed to clear the invoice then in mapping you to leave special character "-" as such in target field.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swastik,

As I said, if your document reference field contains '-' or '_'  (special characters) then I don't think you can automatically clear these documents even using the standard interpretation algorithms because you need to fill the interval of XREF  in the selection screen of transaction FF_5 where there is no option of maintaining any special characters in the interval range as per the F1 help document for that field of FF_5 (see below screenshot).

I would suggest,

1) to search the forums more on this issue, in case someone had a similar issue and got any solution approach. OR

2) search for an OSS note and if not successful then try to raise an OSS message for the same.

3) If SAP confirms that this is how the program behaves then the only option would be to create a custom or Z interpretation algorithm based on your requirement. You can search the forum for more information on how to create a custom interpretation algorithm.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you please share the screenshot with the actual layout of bank statement line item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PFB the statement.

NUM-1 is the reference document number to be cleared.

Regards

SR

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... it seems to me that the way you defined the search string it should work well. But you have to make sure. Please, first try to define alternative posting rule for your search string use in order to test whether it works at all. If it works without problems, than you have to check the settings of your posting rules i.e. you have to define alternative posting type for your posting rule (e.g. posting type 8 "Clear credit subledger account") and change the interpretation mechanism for external business transaction code associated with posting rule for incoming payments (e.g. "020: Document number search" or "021: Reference document number search").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The EBS set up that you have pointed out is maintained in the same way.

Let me tell you the specific problem., which I found out by debugging.The system, first converts

XREFNUM-1 to NUM-1 . Then before seraching the document number or reference document number, it prepares a list of possible combinations,such as XREFNUM, XREF, NUM, 1 .

But it does not list out NUM-1 . This is because '-' , is used as a separater.

May be there is a specific way to handle this scenario, where the original document number/ref document number itself contains a character like '-' or '_'.

Let me know, your thoughts or any pointers.

And I have used 1 to ZZZZZZZZZZ in selection screen of FF.5

Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

I am not sure  if i understand your question correctly, so does that mean you want NUM 1 to be selected as reference document & based on this reference NUM 1 you want a customer invoice to be cleared. But since bank is additionally inserting a character "-" in between,SAP is not able to do that

If the answer to above question is Yes. I believe you must have defined your search string as below:

The mapping of each character would have been done as below & map the "-" as blank.

Then the system would select delete XREF & "-" & would only retain NUM 1.

You can also define the usage of the search string definition. The posting rule would be configured as mentioned in one of the above posts.

See if it helps.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here, NUM-1 is the document number and not NUM 1 .

System is not able to pick this document NUM-1 to be cleared.

From serach string test, XREFNUM-1 converts to NUM-1. But still, it is not able to pick the document to be cleared.I have explained in my previous post, how the system is behaving.

Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

Have you tried with entering reference value in XBLNR(Reference Number) field in FF_5 screen, instead of creating search string.

Regards,

Mohammed Kalim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

It would not work with out serachstring, as it comes with a prefix XREF. This has to be removed through the search string.

Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any answers please?

Regards

SR