cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Connector - using it to access an ODBC source on-premise

0 Kudos

Hi,

When using cloud connector (v2) I can only find 4 types of protocols: http, https, RFC, RFC snc. same on the other side, when defining Destination in my account (there, I also find MAIL).

1. Is ODBC also somehow an option?

2. Is any TCP possible/planned?

3. How is MAIL used if it only existing on the cloud side and not on the on-premise connector side?

Thanks,

Ariel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikolai_tankov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

Only HTTP(s) and RFC(+SNC) are supported. There are some discussions to support TCP protocols but it is not yet clear if and when it will be provided. Also for generic protocols we will not be able to provide traffic inspection.

The answers of your questions are :

1. Currently not. There are some plans but without concrete timelines.
  2. Same as above. Now this is not possible.
  3. Usage of mail servers located in on-premise networks is not possible now. Mail destinations on the cloud can be used only with publicly visible mails servers.

Best regards,

Nikolai.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ariel,

I know that your discussion is from a while ago, but if you're still interested in learning how to connect to HCP via odbc, then please see our new hana academy video here. i'm not 100% sure if this will help you in what you're trying to do.

you'll need to have the hana client installed for the odbc driver. the video mentioned above shows you where to find instructions on that process.

I hope this helps,

-jamie

0 Kudos

No access rights to the mentioned video...can you help?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ariel, sorry about that. a newer video set was made and unfortunately i didn't catch all of my old links.

please see this blog post as it has instructions on how to connect to hcp via odbc. it mentions crystal reports but the process will be the same.

we'll be publishing a blog and video set on how to connect via jdbc (the example will be using lumira) in the near future as well so stay tuned to new videos on the sap hana academy.

Answers (0)