Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can eCATT script/test be triggered from ext sys?

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi eCATT gurus,

my current client wants to use totally automated testing on our project. They want to manage testing of SAP outside of SAP. This would involve that tests prepared in eCATT tool would be triggered from external system.

So my question is if there is a possibility to run eCATT test/script from external system?

In particular is it possible to include this "trigger" of eCATT test/script run into JUnit test from my external JAVA application?

PS: I'm not heavy user of eCATT so forgive me maybe I'm using wrong terminology here.

Thanks in advance

m./

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be doable. In your java junit test you could use SAP Java Connector (JCo) to call RFC function which starts eCatt test. There are RFC enabled modules in function group ECATT_EXECUTE which could be used to achieve this.

Tomasz

1 REPLY 1

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be doable. In your java junit test you could use SAP Java Connector (JCo) to call RFC function which starts eCatt test. There are RFC enabled modules in function group ECATT_EXECUTE which could be used to achieve this.

Tomasz