Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - AppDevelopment (Kapsel): PUSH Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on SMP3 and  Kapsel PUSH Notification,

I'm new to SMP3.0 (No prior Exp on 2.3 and other SAP tools), but i have experience on Mobile App development respective to cordova, and made a cordova push notification sample which worked well, but ddn't successed on SMP.

I made all the necessary stuff required to configure PUSH Notification int SMP3.0 COCKPIT for Android Hybrid App development.

API Key : AbbbbbbXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxXxx

Sender ID : 9888XXXXXX

Authentication : set to "default"

Mobile App:

App successfully registered with SMP, and i could see the APP registred ID in cockpit :ed0f5105-2bc4-4xxxc5-axxx-bxxxxxxxxxxx,  

and GCM device regID :

AndroidGcmRegistrationId : APA91bGrAJfHmICRKwpCUuB9nOlfduzBVr6CLAhW7JgITKnhbyGLjPhsfToGOzkfDm-WxMKkvKjXhoroENMi1bon9jkt-OPB22ky51j3HznJiY2oAaFhdKxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwwwwwfffx-xxxxxxxx,

My only concern is when i start sending a data from Restful Clinet with below data, it asks for username, password (defaults: smpPushUser/SmpPushPwd) but didnt worked, tried with all the other options for Username & passwords nothing  worked,

Finally in cockpit - > settings -> Notification (Cannotdelte) - >created a New SystemLogin authernation with username & password,

Which worked as username/password while requesting from rest client.

http://ixxxxxx-smp.xxxxx.xx.gcccxxxxxxxx.com:8080/Notification/ed0f5105-2bc4-4xxxc5-axxx-bxxxxxxxxxxx

X-SMP-GCM-DATA : {"dispmsg":"Hello GCM Message!","appid":"com.app.pushtesting","appname":"com.app.pushtesting","reasonurl":"http://www.sap.com","reasoncode":12345}

I always getting , 404 or 403 error, "Application didn't registered"  & forbidden access errors

Questions

1) Could some one tell me did i missed any mandatory steps ?

2) Why the username, password not worked ?

3) DO we need to send GCM registerID to SMP back ?

4) HOW SMP will get to know if some update is available to specific mobile user ? , i mean if SAP HR system has an update to one specific user which has to PUSH to user's mobile device, how do SMP will get to know abut this update and push to specific Mobile device of user?

I followed Below docs :

ftp://156.79.66.82/Kapsel/10_push_plugin_for_android_exercise.pdf

Thanks in Advance, Help me in understanding the PUSH mechnaism in-respect to SMP 3.0

Please point to Right resource & Sample .

Vishnu.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasenjit_bera19
Discoverer
0 Kudos

how to do the configuration of push notification in cordova hybrid android app using SAPUI5 ?

I am trying to the configuration of push notification on my cordova hybrids application using SAPUI5 application. But unable to configure it. Please suggest to me.

My system details are:

1. Install MobileSDK3 in my local system.

2. Install cordova and jode.js in my local system.

Step of creating a Cordova Hybrid android App using SAPUI5 application.

1. Create a UI5 application from HCP Web Ide.

2. Create a project using "Cordova commend"

3. In www folder paste the UI5 application folder.

4. Add plugin of "ui5", "attachmentviewer", "logon", "device" etc.... using this commend "cordova plugin add "C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\KapselSDK\plugins\attachmentviewer""

5. Then add platform android using this commend "cordova -d platform add android "

6. The last step is to build an android apk.

I know the push notification service can be done by HCPMS. But I want this by cordova plugngs.

In this project, I want to the configuration of push notification. but unable to do it. Please suggest to me.

jangold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problems, but I finally figured how to send Notification using SMP.

In security profile "Notification (Cannot be deleted)" add new authentication provider "System Login (Admin Only)".

Set the user name and password as u wish, but in Roles set exactly "Notification User", which I found in "*\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.security\CSI\Notification-role-mapping.xml" (that was the reason of my problem i hope it helps). Maybe restarting SMP server could help too ;-).

After I save the security profile and send the notification from my rest client, push notification was submitted for processing (HTTP/1.1 201 Created).

In rest client, i have set:

URL = "htttp://smpserver:port/Notification/userUnniqueId"

METHOD = POST

HEADER = X-SMP-GCM-DATA: {"data": {"message":"Working!"}

Authorization basic using user and password set in security profile.