cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Jam vs. SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm quite new in using SCN and I'm still exploring it's possibilities. Recently I also started to use another tool SAP Jam.

Having these 2 collaboration tools completely separated woke my curiosity and brought some questions:

- Why there are 2 tools as SAP Jam and SCN and not just one?

- What is the difference in between them? What is their function?

- Why they are separated?

- Do you plan to integrate them?

When interested in a specific topic both tools can provide lots of information. Though the knowledge is split...

Also interacting with other people by switching from tool to tool might be a bit schizophrenic.

What is your experience and best practice?

Thank you,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

scott_lawley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

First, welcome to SCN.  It is a mature and yet still evolving community.  Feel free to engage with the community and help drive conversation around key topics of interest.

Regarding Jam and SCN, this is a question that has been asked many times over the past two years.  In a recent post on Jam, I did provide an answer to another SAP employee regarding the decision of Jive over Jam.  Please check it out https://jam4.sapjam.com/groups/1UVLIu4K6ODKXgDALcNapu/questions/IvfLRLZYiw7FEtrSI9kyNW

The important point to note here is that nothing is fixed.  Platforms evolve, strategies change, and life goes on.  SCN today is based on a Jive platform, and we will continue to push our platform strategy to delivery the best user experience.

Regarding your question about Jam integration, SAP is continuing its efforts to simplify all of its customer touch points.  So, it is not solely about integration, but rather it is about providing an excellent end user experience.  If a customer needs to gain access and functionality from 3 or 4 SAP systems, then that complexity should not be apparent to the end user.  How we make that happen is a different issue and is one that we are working on right now.

I hope this helps, and I would be happy to address any other questions or concerns you may have.

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Scott for your answer.

I really enjoy using both systems, though each system I use for a different purpose.

I'm using JAM especially to work with my team on a specific project. It is a great collaboration tool which facilitates us our communication and cooperation.
SCN I'm using above all for research. There are many experts on SCN sharing their experience and expertise.

I'm looking forward to the future development of both products. I'm very curious what will be the next movement.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which group did you post to? I was not able to access your post because I need to be added to the group.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been wondering the same thing, Martin, since starting a contract position with SAP yesterday! Thanks for articulating this question.