cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving mail alerts from CEN system from CCMS monitoring system

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have configured/registered a ABAP system in solution manager i.e. SMD and configured CCMS configuration.

We are able to recive alerts in RZ20 from SMD but even after crossing of set threshold value mail has to shoot from SMD to recipient mail id.

So can you please let us know any feedback on the same?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

the first thing to check is always the agent in RZ21 --> Topology --> Agents for Remote Systems --> Display Overview. Is the connection test to the agent working here? Is the agent reported as online? Do you see correct responsibe server here (an instance of CEN)? Is the agent reported as 100% available under "RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents"?

Which agent you have registered - classical RFC agent or integrated agent in sapstartsrv?

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for the reply..Yes all in fine as as per suggestions.

But how do I check agent which is registered as classical RFC agent or integrated agent in sapstartsrv?

If possible let me know any job name which should run in background for more than 5 minutes.

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

in "RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents" for the corresponding agent you should see the info about agent, if this is an integrated agent in sapstartsrv you will see "web service" in the Description MTE.

The classical agents are registered from the OS level on the monitored system. The integrated agents in sapstartsrv are registered from RZ21 on CEN. Could you please let me know, how the agent was registered? It is important to clarify, which agent you are using, because the integrated agent is client dependent and you may need to register this agent twice - in client 000 and productive client.

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

HI Alwina,

Yes it is an integrated agent because its showing we service in MTE description.

Please let me know further steps so that we will check the registration twice in client 000 and productive client?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

in this case please check the job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER in SM37, in which client this job is running. This job triggers central autoreactions. Please logon in the same client of this job, and check the agent again in RZ20 and RZ21, if in this client the agent is working (connection test to the agent in RZ21). Please try to display also the working directory of the agent in RZ21, can CEN access traces of the agent without problems?

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Yes I have checked job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER in SM37 and which is running on production client and test connection is also working successfully in RZ21 & able to access agent working directory as per snapshot.

But when I have double clicked on sapstartsrv_ccms.log then below mentioned errors are coming as:

Could you please check and let us know further details?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

One more thing I need to share you, while adding one another component for monitoring (another system) into CEN, I am getting below mentioned error as:

Error when calling the underlying C function (function 'SAL_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO')

Could you please help to resolve it as well?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

these messages in sapstartsrv_ccms.log do not indicate problems with the agent itself. The agent only tries to create CPU MTE, which another data supplier has already created.

Could you please check the status of the autoreaction, which is assigned to the MTEs of the SMD system in RZ20? Please expand the whole monitor in RZ20 on CEN, which you have created for the SMD system, and display "Views --> Status autoreaction". Which status do you see?

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for everything..

Here is status for autoreaction as:

Is everything is fine?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

thanks. Do you need to trigger "Mail Alert Central Monitoring System" from CEN? This autoreaction was not executed untill now (time stamp 00.00.00). You should try to create an alert in the MTE, where it is assigned, to see, to which status this autoreaciton will change. Do you have another MTE with this autoreaction method, where you can create an alert at any time to test, what is not working with this autoreaction?

regards,
Alwina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagjivan,

In addition to Alwina's suggestion please check in SOST of CEN system whether any emails are generated.

If yes, please share details of message code for emails which are stuck.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

Where we can set any threshold value for configured long running job so that after crossing threshold value we should get alert/mail?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

for the long running jobs you should set the parameter MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN for the method CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT in RZ21 to a value in minutes. If the job is running longer than configured here, you will get an alert.  This is explained in the note:

1138223 - CCMS: New Monitoring for Long-Running Batch Jobs

The minimum value for the parameter MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN is 20 minutes.

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you please let us know step by step process for setting parameter MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN for the method CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT in RZ21 to a value in minutes?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

you are welcome 🙂
In RZ21 --> Methods --> Methods definitions --> Display Overview  please search for the method CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT, double click on it. In the parameter tab you will find the parameter MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN, choose change modus, set it to a value, save. But as per note 1138223 it should not be set to a value lower than 20 minutes.

In the note

1622004 - RZ20 sometimes displays a communication error

there is an important correction for this method, you may check, if this correction is implemented.

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Now how can we test is everything is working fine so that  we can able to retrive email alerts for any long runnning job?

Is there any standerd procedure for checking/testing the same?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

unfortunately I'm not aware of such testing procedure. You should try to create a long running job...

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for the everything.....

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for everything...

But we are facing problem as, when threshold value cross's mail should trigger  which wonts.

Please find attach snapshot and suggest us if any further details require you.

Something might be missing from my side?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

could you please let me know, to which value you have set MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN, how long the job was running, and what do you see in the RZ20 for the MTEs "Long running jobs" if you display "Views --> Status data collector?

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

We have set value to 20 of MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN and as per snapshot we have status of Views --> Status data collector as:

But actually we have set threshold values of file system percentage values as well and these values are creating "red" entries in RZ20 but it has to trigger to mail which are not coming, what would be an issue?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

as I see CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT is configured to run in background, it means the background dispatcher will start it only once per hour. Please configure it to run in dialog in

RZ21 --> Methods --> Methods definitions --> search for CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT

double click on it, in the control tab please choose "Execute method periodically in dialog process (short-running program)", save.

And ensure, that the note

1622004 - RZ20 sometimes displays a communication error

is implemented. Without this correction CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT cannot run correctly in dialog if the system has more than one instance.

For the file system MTEs what do you see in "Views --> Status autoreaction"? Which status has the autoreaction method? Was it triggered?

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Good News, we have successfully received an alert from CCMS.

Thanks a lot...This would have not done without you!

Now we will furnish the required things.

Thanking you once again.

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

thanks, I'm glad to hear that I could help you 🙂

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Good Morning.

Last weekend, we have run SGEN job in background for almost more than 30 min but still we havent received any mail alert. Even we have checked value to 20 min in parameter of CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT.

What would be an issue?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

in this case always the first thing to check is the status of the data collector in "Views --> Status data collector". Another question is - do you have batch work processes available on the server, where background context is located? You can find the background context in "RZ21 --> Topology --> Context Overview --> Display Overview".

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Yes, we have checked status of the data collector in "Views --> Status data collector" which is fine and we have batch work process availble on the server and and activated fixing for "Backgroud" at  "RZ21 --> Topology --> Context Overview --> Display Overview".

I do want to confirm, while definiing method CCMS_LONGRUNNING_DATA_ COLLECT with MAX_RUNTIME_IN_MIN to 20, is there any method need to assign for it?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

sorry, but I did not understand your question - do you mean if you need to assign an autoreaction method to the MTE "Jobs Over Runtime Limits"?

Did you get an alert in the MTE  "Jobs Over Runtime Limits" in the "Open alerts" view and only the e-mail was not sent for this alert, or no alerts at all are created for "Jobs Over Runtime Limits"?

thanks and regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Yes, do we need to assign an autoreaction method to the MTE "Jobs Over Runtime Limits" & no alerts at all are created for "Jobs Over Runtime Limits"?

What do I do now?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

yes, you should assign an autoreaction method and the best way is to assign it to the MTE class (and not to the MTE directly).

But the creation of alerts is independent of the assignement of the autoreaction method. If you do not get any alerts, then the data collector CCMS_LONGRUNNING_DATA_ COLLECT does not create them. Could you please check properties of the MTE "Jobs Over Runtime Limits", tab "Methos", what is configured for "Start the data collection method every"?

If you think, there is something wrong with the method  CCMS_LONGRUNNING_DATA_ COLLECT and the configuration is OK, could you please create an incident on BC-CCM-MON component and let me know the incident number, so that I can check the method in the system? In my profile my e-mail address should be visible now, you can send the incident number via e-mail.

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Properties of the MTE "Jobs Over Runtime Limits", tab "Methos", what is configured for "Start the data collection method every=100 Seconds.

Do we need to change it?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

with this setting the data collector will be started every 5 minutes by the autoabap dispatcher, this is OK, you do not need to change it. There is this correction available for CCMS_LONGRUNNING_JOB_COLLECT:

1412258 - CCMS: False alerts for long-running batch jobs

please check if it is implemented, and if yes, please open an incident so that we can check directly on the system, what is wrong with this data collector.

regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

We tried to implement requested snote but its cant be implemented in our system.

and we have open incident for the same.

Is there any suggestion from your side?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

could you please let me know the incident number? My e-mail address should be visible now in my profile, could you please send the incident number via e-mail? Many thanks

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

We have sent incident on your mail id.

Want mail alerts for configured system with CCMS SMD system ( 579863 / 2014 )

Please look into it and please let us know for further movement.

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I am still awaiting reply from your side? could you please look into it?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Hope you are fine...

Could you please provide an update on the same becuase already I have sent you an incident number with attachment?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

as I see your incident 0000579863 2014 was closed automatically by the system. You have to open another incident now with the reference to 0000579863 2014.

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

We have created new incident ( 692416 / 2014 ), please go through it and let us know if you require any information.

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for your help on the provided incident once again.

I have an question apart from this issue, could you please suggest any other best feature of Solman 7.1 so that we can try to implement in our system? If so please suggest us ASAP.

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

I'm not familiar with the features of Solman, you should put your question in the "SAP Solution Manager" space, if someone can help you. At SAP these are SV-SMG* teams, if nobody can help here in forum, then you can ask SV-SMG-MON-BPM team in an incident how to monitor a background job in Solman.

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Today is weekend so I have tested to run background job in TID for more than 20 minutes, and found alert in RZ20 at autoreaction status.

We have not received any mail alert in our mailbox so when I clicked over on alert at RZ20 and found attached snapshot.

Can you suggest on the same?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

according to the screenshot the autoreaction method was executed (the time stamp is new and the status is " ready"). Either sender or recipient is not correct, or there is something wrong with the configuration of SCOT transaction. Please check in the transaction SOST in the client, where the job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is running, if the e-mail has arrived in SOST. If the e-mail is not in SOST, then the configuration of sender is still not correct. Please ensure, that the sender exists in the correct client in the transaction SU01, this should be a dialog user and a correct e-mail address should be configured, and "Comm.Meth" should be set to "e-mail" in SU01. If the e-mail arrives SOST, but you do not get it, then please check configuration of the recipient, if it exists in the correct client and if it has a correct e-mail address configured. If the sender and recipient are OK, then you should check configuration of SCOT (configured in the correct client?) and if the sender job is running without problems.

You are getting the popup because it is a central autoreaction method, which is executed by an agent, this popup is not a problem.

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Hoooray.....its working now....Thanks for everything....

But I have an little suggestion, I am getting alerts on any personal mail id from user DDIC.

Now I have to check for any mailing group instead of email address, so what parameter needs to be set as per below:

What I have maintained is the private distribution list, but seems which is not working....

Could you please look into it and let us know any exact parameter setting for mailing group?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

good to hear, that it has worked 🙂 Please maintain the distribution list "Basis Group" in upper case letters only in the transaction SO23 and ensure also, that you have created it in the correct client. Please set RECIPIENT-TYPEID parameter to "C":

RECIPIENT-TYPEID C

and it should work.

Regards,
Alwina

0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I have changed all parameter setting as per below, but not able to recieve any alerts for mentioned distribution list "BASIS" group, what would be an issue?

Could you please suggest?

Regards.,

Jagjivan Shelke.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jagjivan,

RECIPIENT-TYPEID should be set to "C" if you are using a distribution list:

RECIPIENT-TYPEID C

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

please can you help with incident 696867.

the first thing to check is always the agent in RZ21 --> Topology --> Agents for Remote Systems --> Display Overview. Is the connection test to the agent working here? Is the agent reported as online? Do you see correct responsibe server here (an instance of CEN)? Is the agent reported as 100% available under "RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents"?

the availability is 0 and red status. where do I check for the logs? the agent is integrated one.

thanks,

Ranjith

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

you should check sapstartsrv_ccms.log traces of the integrated agents on each instance in DIR_LOGGING/sapccm4x directory, if the CSMREG user could connect to CEN, you should search for CSMREG in these traces. Please take a look also at this SCN discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/message/16140181#16140181

There was an error in the agent, you should check, if you have an affected version.

Your incident is not in our support center, I need to contact my colleagues first, if this is OK for them, if I take it.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

this is the log inside the sapstartsrv_ccms.log

Tue Sep 22 10:01:58 2015

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [Utilization] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageUtil]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_Utilization]

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [I/O Wait] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageIOWait]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_IO_Wait]

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not create MTE [Solution Version]. Same name but different types MESSAGE_CONTAINER vs. SHORTTEXT

thanks,

Ranjith

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

these errors are relevant only for the OS monitoring, these errors will not cause 0% availability of the agent. 0% availability means, that the agent cannot reach CEN, often this is because of the wrong credentials for CSMREG user.

If you have these errors for CPU MTEs, then the log is already too big? You should check the first log sapstartsrv_ccms_1st.log (or something like this) at the time, when you have registered the agent.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

you are I am able to see these errors in agent which is connected to CEN.

Tue Sep 22 10:16:25 2015

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [Utilization] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageUtil]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_Utilization]

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [I/O Wait] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageIOWait]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_IO_Wait]

we have 4 app servers and 1 ci. 2 app are connected to CEN and others are not connected. CSMREG will it be common across app and ci servers or i need to create them in each servers?

thanks,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

Please have a look at in SAP note: 2123088 - OS monitoring: Eror-253: Utilization/I/O Wait MTE problems

BR

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I re-registered the agents and it gave error while creating remote monitoring entry

( SAPCCM4X.XXXXX.06 ) Error when sending the configuration data to the agent

SAPCCM4X.XXX.06 ) SoapFaultCode:5 CCMS__RegisterCentralSystem failed: 400: agent has failed to logon to the central system, invalid credentials.

thanks,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

SOAP message is about wrong password please refer to note:

1569955 - gSOAP WEB SERVICE

Also check "sapuxuserchk" according to note: 927637

I would like to suggest note too : 2056069

Br

Tamas

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

I would suggest to open a new discussion to keep it transparent, this discussion was already answered.

Is the affected monitored system a Unix or a Windows server? My colleague in the other GSC took over your incident.

Regards, Alwina