Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB sapdb Data Area Full

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello members,

One of our SAP server with MaxDB as database is down. Data Area is 100 full. Server Disk space is also full. We cannot create/add new data volumes in this disc.

Now we have created directory in another server. Can we map that network folder on server and add new data volume to that folder?

I am trying to do it but I am getting -24988 SQL error [db_online -f]; -902, I/O error

I have also followed link

Please help.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Now we have created directory in another server. Can we map that network folder on server and add new data volume to that folder?

This is not a good solution as access to network folders during runtime may create issues.

Can you add up disks to the server and create data volumes in the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Deepak.

Yes, now we have created space in local drive only.

But somehow when trying to create file on network drive, though it was not successful, it created a file in local default database folder with 0 KB size. And in database, data file size shows as 3 GB.

Now able add file to newly created space in local drive, nor able to delete the existing data file.

Database is also offline. It is not coming online.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

As you already added space in the data area, you mention that still DB is not coming up.

Could you attach below log files

knldiag/knldiag.old

knldiag.err

dbm.utl

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Issue is resolved now.

I took back up of SID file in /sapdb/data/wrk directory. And run 'restore_param 1' command.

Later I was able to bring back DB to online state. And I was able to add new Data volumes to another local disk.

System is up now.

Thanks for your help man.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know problem is resolved and thanks for sharing the resolution

Answers (0)