Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN points got drastically reduced

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yesterday morning when I logged into SCN I found out that my SCN points got drastically reduced from 404 to 249.

I found the possible reason for deduction of the points was due to Rejection of the contents in Gaurab Banerji's Blog (my blog). I want to know why these points have been deducted from my lifetime points because I was not awarded any points when I posted the content.

Now when I deleted one of the posts in my blog 12 points were again deducted and it now stands at 237.

I am unable to understand why the points are being deducted for rejection and deletion of contents on SCN for which I have not been awarded any points when I made the posts.

Kindly clarify the same.

Thanks,

Gaurab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these are probably caused because of the penalty system. 6 rejected blog posts accumulate 156 penalty points.

it is explained in

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But surprising thing is that no updates in expertise tab..

Why?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably because the blogs have been in his own blog space, that would explain that he did not get points for blogs, which does not realease him from following the SCN rules for posting.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The content were in my own blog space. I did not post them in abap development as I was not interested in publicly sharing those content but only among the people i know.

Now what i dont understand the justification that the points were deducted at all...

regarding the deduction of the 12 points all i can say that there were no likes to the blog posts which could earn me negative points. I edited the post and published it  and then deleted it. That earned me -12 out of nowhere.

I have deleted all the blog posts but still the negative marking remains. From now onwards i guess it would be safer for me to post in blogger or personal website rather than trying to blog anything in my scn blog. It would save me from future negative points.

Now that so many of my blog posts have been deleted i would probably be -80 points. deduction per rejected post? I would risk that after this incident and stick to blogger and be happy.

Utterly disappointed ....

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understand that its a negative marking. But why have negative marking for own blogs where i dont get positive markings? I dont think it is just to deduct points for deletion when no points are awarded for posting.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me just say that I do not know what you posted and do not know the reason for rejection. This is probably explained in the notifications that you can see if you click the Actions icon on top right and then navigate to the Notification tab. Your screen shot does not look like a screen shot from this area, it rather looks like a screenshot from your mail system. Maybe a direct message was send to you, you would find it by clicking the communications icon on top right.

I have to admit that I do not have experience if you get -80 points for each further rejected content.

The document about the redesign is just saying "Additional measures will be taken for anyone having more than 6 pieces of content (blogs and/or documents) rejected" , and to be honest, such additional measures can include disabling your user ID or talking to your supervisor.

We certainly had not expected  that one breaks through the limits in just one day without having time to think about what he did wrong.

We certainly had those people in focus who repost a rejected document without reworking it. Those who post eventually 1 document per day (or 1 per month) which is of low quality. And we expect that those people then improve after having a 1 or max 3 rejected documents. Having 6 or more rejected over a few days/weeks/months just means that there is no improvement and continous ignoring of moderator guidance and forum rules.

Penalty points have nothing to do with points you got for your content, they are just based on rejections, hence it does not matter if you posted in a point free area or in a normal space.

This is similar to someone getting a ticket for speeding. He has to pay the even he has no driver license.

Whereever you post in SCN, the forum rules apply.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"disabling your user ID or talking to your supervisor."

disabling your user ID - understood

talking to your supervisor - Can you please elaborate?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are a SAP employee then normal management lines of communication could be used. If you work for a third party, then it could, for example, be routed through your company's account manager.

If like me, you own the company you work for and have no formal relationship with SAP, then it can't happen.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some SCN user IDs are tied to real SAP user IDs, like mine.

Instead to an anonymous email address  my SCN user is linked to my S-User ID which I use to get keys for program changes, to order trainings, to log incidents. (read more in )

This user master has my companies name and contact data, hence Global moderators can lookup the contact data and can call your supervisor to talk about what you are doing in SCN and can ask him to give you some personal guidance.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification. its quite clear now.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jürgen L wrote:

We certainly had not expected  that one breaks through the limits in just one day without having time to think about what he did wrong.

This is like speed cameras. You can go through 4 in one day and lose your license. It's the downside of an automated system.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i would take a bicycle rather than drive cars waiting to get sued. thank you all for the useful information.  keep up the good job you are doing. wish you more speed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its fine the 12 points deducted from your profile because of you have delete the blog post.

And you got a like for the blog post.

But So many rejection mails for you post. The all mails indicating that your posts are rejected.

I have checked you reputation - Expertise tab.

That seems strange to me. You expertise tab is showing 352 points (sum of all space)

But your lifetime points is 237.