cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add cloud system in HANA studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm just starting learning cloud platform course on openSAP. I'm getting stuck on adding cloud system in HANA studio. When I switch to SAP HANA Development Perspective, there is nowhere to add cloud system as in the video lecture? Any idea to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I've tried it, in particular I've install all update from  https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/kepler then try changing to SAP HANA DEVELOPMENT perspective, but still didn't find "Add cloud system...". Would it be that because of I'm using HANA Studio Weekstone version?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Go to Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details. There should be "SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems".

Now go to Systems view and right click in the empty space or on any existing system (not on a sub-node!). "Add Cloud System..." should be available.

Let me know if anything is not as above (some screenshots might be helpful in that case).

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved now. Really appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Suggested above ..

I could find SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems  installed in eclipse .

But still facing issue in connecting with the system.  Please go through the below screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish chow,

Even i am also facing the same issue..did u find any fix for that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amala,

Still working on it. will let you know once the problem is resolved. Please do let me know if you figure it out. I am still searching the blogs may be the issue is new.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even after installing SAP Hana Development Tools in Eclipse I am unable to find the option "Add a Cloud System" under the Navigation Tab in SAP Hana Studio

Plz Help

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

please see Vladimir's orginal reply:

Go to Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details. There should be "SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems".

You wrote that you installed the "SAP Hana Development Tools".

There are two plugins: the "SAP HANA Tools", which only contains the "basic" HANA Studio functionality and the "SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools", which adds the capability to connect to the cloud systems. You need both!

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the Help Now after Providing the Username & Password I am getting an error of the Hana Cloud System

Thanks

Rahul

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

did you actually create a HANA Trial instance first in the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit?

Open the cockpit, navigate to "Databases & Schemas" and check if there is something in the list. If not, create one with the "New" button.

From the "Database System" dropdown list select the type you want. If you want to try HANA development (and not just want database storage for a Java application) I recommend to use the "HANA MDC (<trial>)" type. Once the trial instance is created you should see this in the "Databases" list when adding the cloud system in Eclipse.

(See also Creating Databases in the help.)

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes done with it I have created a Schema & loaded it in the Eclipse. But I wanted to add this cloud system in the SAP Hana Studio for the Hana Development. How can i Integrate this Cloud system  in the SAP Hana Studio

Regards

Rahul

michaelwenz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

when you have create a schema (or a HANA MDC trial database) it will appear in the wizard above on the page "SAP HANA schemas and databases".

Please make sure that:

1) You have created a HANA schema or HANA MDC trial database (no MaxDB or ASE schema or database, they will not appear in HANA Studio).

2) You have used the correct landscape url (must match what you see in the cockpit without the leading "acccount." segment), e.g. for Trial landscape "hanatrial.ondemand.com".

3) You have used the correct account name in the wizard.

Best regards,

Michael

Chandan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m using SAP HANA Studio rel 95.

I don’t have the "Add Cloud System..."  option in my SAP HANA System.

I’m trying to install the plug-in :  "SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems"

Using the following repository: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna

But I’m getting the following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems 1.27.0 (com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.feature.feature.group 1.27.0)

Missing requirement: SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools for Connecting to SAP HANA Systems 1.27.0 (com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.feature.feature.group 1.27.0) requires 'org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Do you have any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Please check FAQ #4

The missing feature is part from the Luna Repo - Luna Software Repository, which you should have as update site in your Eclipse.

Kind Regards,

Alex

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which credentials do I have to enter to get the Cloud system into HANA studio?

I've no idea what my 'hana password' is from SAP inernal networks. I get automatically logged on via the browser (single sign on), so I do not know about the password...

xu_xiang
Participant
0 Kudos

Please use your SCN user/pwd

bernd_hofmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In case you forgot your password please have a look at Support FAQ for User IDs and Passwords.

-Bernd

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thx, just managed to reset the pwd and then noticed that it was the SCN pwd which I reset 😉

br, Walter