Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Delegated Node's sub node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My query is about delegated nodes. I want to get attachment details from a delegated node 'EHFND_CHEMICAL_ATF'.

It has a structure - ROOT -> DOCUMENT -> DOC_DETAILS -> CHM_DETAILS

I am able to access the DOCUMENT node but I need to traverse to CHM_DETAILS sub node.

I am not sure how do we achieve this because we can not use service manager of the delegated object.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi Shubadha,

The delegated node is a designtime entitity. At runtime , the delegated node will be replaced with the entire DO node structure , and you can access it just like you would access any other composition node of your business object. The only trick is the node, association or other modeled entity keys. Unlike composition nodes and association keys which remain static across designtime and runtime and can easily be accessed via the BO constant interface, the delegated nodes, association etc will have unique keys generated per use by a host business object. The DO developers generally provide some sort of convinience/helper classes which return you the set of node/association keys given the host business object and host business object node ( which has the delegated node as the sub node ). Even if such a class is not present you cana write yourself a method to fetch the same using the configuration API's provided from BOPF.

Regards,

Indranil.

0 Kudos

Hi Indranil Dutt,

Please go through below link and give your valuable suggestions for my Discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3581996

Thanks in Adv.

Thanks,

Kranthi Kumar.