cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vishal Sikka movement to Infi any threat to SAP ???

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys how are you ....Been long out of forum but from now would be long      Being knowing the loop holes of SAP HANA (Baby of Sikka)....Will Sikka focus a major ERP Package and become to threat to SAP???Any Views?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure SAP legal department got this part covered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For at least 6 months! Maybe 12 months even depending on the restraint of trade contract.

Whether Infosys can develop an ERP system which actually works in 12 months or 12 years is however a different topic and you don't need lawyers for that.

I certainly don't plan to develop an ERP system which respects all country specific legal requirements in the next 2 lifetimes. Main reasons are the legislation itself and chances are too good that I will come back in the next life much lower on the food chain than what I am now so I won't be able to pull it off as a tortoise or a bat. But I am placing my bets on round 3 and plan to wipe you all out 😉

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saslove sap,

Is Vishal sikka is the only employee who left SAP to join another IT firm? I assume answer is NO.

So i dont think it will any way matter to SAP, also Infy have a SAP devision whcih will be equaly responsible for over all Infy growth, so here Mr.Sikka needs to make sure maintaining right relationship with SAP and SAP will make sure they will not loose a Business partner like Infy.

Being a technocrate & brining a innovation culture surely help Infy to go in innovative product direction.

Intresting topic SAS, keep posting

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your wonderful replies friends, yes as per his recent interview he wants to learn the body languages of Infy which will take year or so, and then being a SAPIANT Wish he promots more SAP Products rather than trying to make a ERP Package....

The only quesiton is SAP HANA has started  acquiring Market slowly why Sikka Left in between ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a good blog on this topic by John to answer most of the questions:

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-trends/blog/2014/05/07/vishal-sikka-leaves-sap--whats-next

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my views..

He may not do anything directly but he may come with a new product in competition with HANA, that can be a threat for SAP.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sas,

Welcome back

Firstly, Sikka is a Technocrat! How he excels being a CEO is anybody's guess!

IMO Infy is desperate. Attrition (at all levels), lack of direction, no strong leadership, lack of turnaround despite bringing back Murthy, etc are prompting them to do something radical...bordering on stupidity.

Vishal Sikka despite having an exceptional Resume is a technocrat to the core (although he has a couple of start-ups to his name pre-SAP stint). It remains to be seen how he can lead all the different technologies under the Infy umbrella and be able to convert technology into revenue!

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my point of view - Infosys offered Vishal because of the job/wonders he did, it is not because of his experience as CEO. So the role he accepted in Infosys and the role he did at SAP both are quite different.

He might not get a chance to get into the role which he did at SAP, But he may directs the company towards the innovation where he has the expertise. Once again capturing whole environment and culture itself takes it's own time and the boundaries are there every time with each role/organization.

I do not see any risk/threat to SAP because of this change (reason behind is the role difference), let' see!

*This is just my view. Anything which looks like against RoE, that can be moderated/removed

Regards,

Nick Loy