cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI addon installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to install sap fiori on our ECC6 EHP6 system, but I'm stuck with installation of UI addon.

Tx SAINT requires stack.xml for addon installation, but I cannot get it.

I tried to follow this note 1666368 - Installing UI add-on 1.0 for SAP NetWeaver

,but there is no more MOPZ transaction in solman 7.1, this is what is written in note:

In the "Select Add-Ons" section of transaction MOPZ, select the product version "UI add-on 1.0 for SAP NetWeaver".

I don't know where I can find Select Add-Ons section, all I can do is maintenance (SPS installation) or EHP7 installation...

Could you help me out?

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stanley_chen2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I met the same issue.

I just need to install UI add-on not whole modules maintenance.

My solution is:

1. MOPZ perform maintenance and include UI add-on in step 2.3..

2. Then solution manager will generate stack.xml that include UI add-on and other updates.

3. Download manager just download UI-addon and IW-BEP(gateway for UI)

4. go to SAINT. and upload UI-addon adn IW-BEP. also upload stack.xml (Botton Stack XML file)

5. error message shows "The Installation/Upgrade Package for Add CPRXRPM rel. 400 is not available"

6. open stack.xml by MS word and search keyword CPRXRPM and delete the parts about CRPXRPM.

7. repeat step5 and step6. just left UI-addon and IW-BEP in stack file.

8. then SAINT can continue installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

could someone share his or her generated stack.xml file or a template stack.xml?

This would be very usefull for all those who do not want to configure the complete Solution Manager for installing only one Add-On.

Thank you in advance and best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I'm afraid this is not possible. 

As I wrote before, I had to upgrade system to EHP7 and then I made latest fiori working.

but I have to admit I'm not big fan of it. (load times, responsiveness, usability, quite complicated setup)

I believe all fiori stuff before ehp7 is even worse.

Regards,

M.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

the step in MOPZ transaction which is used to generate the stackfile is "2.3 Choose addon products".

Please check at this point during XML generation if you have the option to choose "UI add-on 1.0 for SAP NetWeaver".

Would you please tell us the activated instances in SMSY/LMDB?

Otherwise please check if LMDB/SMSY is well configured. Maybe you have to acitvate the instance "Integration Services: All". Afterwards please check step 2.3 in MOPZ transaction again.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, thank you for quick answer.

I found quite similar thread in the meantime:

...but, I have to choose EHP installation, then EHP7 (any stack) and then I am able to select addons, but they all require NW7.4 ... and I don't want to install EHP7 now (maybe later, but not at this moment).

Anyway, when I choose Maintenance or EHP6 (any stack) installation like this:

I'm getting following error:

Any idea what to do?

Regards,

Martin

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Martin what version is your Netweaver 7.31 or 7.02?  The UI addon only has install packages for 7.31 and 7.4 on the market place; which might be why mopz is telling you that you have to go to Ehp 7 as that doesn't allow you to remain on a 7.02 NW stack.

I'm also not sure why you received so many errors with the landscape components referencing 7.3; is the data in Solman passing verification tests? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my system is on NW 7.31:

I found this KB article: 1834030 - Targeted instance ... is incompatible with NW 7.3!

...which should solve my issue, but it did not help.

My CR/CIM versions are latest (updated last friday):

Landscape verification was done few minutes ago with no error:

So I withdraw-ed old maintenance transaction, created new one, but it ended with exactly same list of error messages...

Have no clue how to proceed...

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So SolMan and your components check out, I just did a test on my ERP 6.05 system and going with Maintenance I do get a add-on products section for step 2.3.  We currently have SAP GRC 5.3 showing up and I do have a check box available for SAP Access Control 10.0 and 10.1.

Can you start your mopz over again and review the logs tab when you hit 2.3?

I also show an entry for UI ADD-ON for NW 7.02 SP08; so lets strike what I said before about 7.31 and 7.4 being the only stacks supported for 7.02 NW stacks (for future viewers).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas and Billy,

I gave up this approach, so I'm currently upgrading this system to EHP7 with latest UI addon and all Fiori related components.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Martin