Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump when trying to change DTP status to 'green'

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a DTP delta run that brings in 0 records, the technical status turn green after 5-6seconds. But the overall status remains in yellow state.

Also if we manually try to set it to 'red', I am able to do so and delete this request and run a new request, but again it ends with overall status yellow.

If I try to set it to 'green' manually following short dump occurs:

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         MESSAGE_TYPE_X

ABAP Program           SAPLRSMDATASTATE

Application Component  BW-WHM-DST

I have already scanned all SAP notes relevant for this short dump, but none of them relates to this scenario.

Please let me know if anyone faced this issue anytime, and how was it solved?

Version : BW 7.02 SP14

Regards,

Rathy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From manage screen, i changed it to 'red' status first, and then to 'green'. It remains green now without throwing any short dump.

Closing the thread.

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of changing manually try by using following program

program:RSBM_GUI_CHANGE_USTATE

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no error with the dtp.

The dtp processing completes successfully. But the overall status remains yellow

If we manually try to set it green, it dumps. Please note i am able to manually set it to red and delete the request and trigger it again, but the same behaviour occurs

Anyone faced this?

Regards,

Rathy

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below is the short dump.

Has anyone faced this before?

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rathy,

Please execute the DTP once again after deleting the bad request. While monitoring the DTP, check the Job log by clicking on "Job Overview" button. Or

Go to the table "RSREQDONE", pass the request number(DTPR_*) which u can see at the last column of the Yellow request in Request tab. Then change the request manually to Green.

Hope it helps.

-- KRPK

former_member182998
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rathy,

You can do following things,

From message, it is apparent that there is Error in one of the ABAP Program . And as the Error is occurring within few seconds of the Start of DTP, can you check and debug the Start Routine .

If Start Routine is not there, try to check whatever ABAP routine are there in facilitating the  processing.

( Routine in relevant Application Componenrt - BW-WHM-DST )

Before this, can you also check the ABAP Dump through  ST22 and make sure that the underlying datasource ( for DTP ) is OK and smooth.

Try to proceed in that way.. Hope this helps !

Regards

YN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rathy ,

Pls check the dump in ST22 for more details of error and can you share the screen shot of error ?

Prakash